• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How about toebox width? I was basically advised CJ size (or Carmina, basically standard -1 from US), but if it’s GG type of narrow then no way...

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1593537One of the best looking chukka boots I’ve had and seen. Armagnac shell ACME Norwegian welted 3 eyelet chukka on the A20h last.
@DL120 you definitely were on a hiatus. After seeing this pic, it hit me that no one usually makes their shells look like a car rolling off the showroom.

Fantastic shine on these. 👌🏻

DL120

Reaction score
now I kind want this, except in color 8 and dark stich so it kind just blend in.
A dark Norwegian welt? It’s uncommon for a few reasons but I guess you can do it. Nullifies the ability for the details to show, and the shoemaker to show off the skill of the work. Also, staining the braiding, can bleed through to the shell or calfskin. But I’m sure it’s your shoe so you can do it. 🙌🏻

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A dark Norwegian welt? It’s uncommon for a few reasons but I guess you can do it. Nullifies the ability for the details to show, and the shoemaker to show off the skill of the work. Also, staining the braiding, can bleed through to the shell or calfskin. But I’m sure it’s your shoe so you can do it. 🙌🏻
I had this (Ron Rider Oslo in #4 shell), fit was off the shaft keep hitting my ankle and kind hurt and never soften enough, if I do it again in shell (a big if...) I would do #8 on a round toe but same design, probably

1618506726410.png

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always thought Mac method only works when it's new though

DL120

Reaction score
that acrylic finish on top thing?
Shell isn’t that complicated. It’s just a dense pore structure material with a natural luster. Brushing a lot works, brushing a lot with dabs of water works. And adding conditioner, cream or paste all work within moderation.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
maybe I just abuse my shell a lot, I have no problem bring it back to life, but it takes too much work (and when I say I abuse I mean mud/snow/rain/salt don't care, just feel once it got water spot and bloom it takes more work than calf)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.