• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

BomTrady

Reaction score
Oh man. As good as all the reviews say? Now I’m going to have to find somewhere to hide another pair of shoes
Hahhhah...my wife stop paying attention. Yes, they are pretty nice. But like I keep saying, I feel like the leather isn’t as nice as some other shoes, but Jesper Ingevaldsson disagrees with me on that and he’s the expert.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahhhah...my wife stop paying attention. Yes, they are pretty nice. But like I keep saying, I feel like the leather isn’t as nice as some other shoes, but Jesper Ingevaldsson disagrees with me on that and he’s the expert.
FWIW we both only have one pair of Acme that we really can judge things on (when up at this level not easy to tell variances from photos, especially not when unused), I'm sure we're both right in these cases. How good the leather quality overall is will be evident with time and others experiences spreading, but from what I can gather this far the leather quality do seem to be quite appreciated in general. Then Acme do use a bunch of different leathers, with that the properties differ a lot (remember to keep leather quality and leather properties apart folks 😊 ).

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I contacted Xibao directly since I'm in China, and I was given the option to upgrade to JR.
I had no chance through Tom of SoH.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.