1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Herd: What are College Girls Doing Now?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Connemara, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Why do these girls insist on having 80s-themed parties? It makes no sense.

They all get brightly colored headbands, wear sweaters that show one strap of their sportsbras, and wear fucking leggings. They do their make-up in really ridiculously bright colors.

I seriously do not get this at all.

Haha I went to one of these a little while ago. They pretty much all dressed exactly as you've described.

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

It's not like you ever see girls from your fortress of solitude, why the hate?
    The reason for that's name is Lish.
    Haha I went to one of these a little while ago. They pretty much all dressed exactly as you've described.

Did you get any? At least then some good would have come out of it. Was it hard finding leggings your size?

3. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

Why do these girls insist on having 80s-themed parties? It makes no sense.

They all get brightly colored headbands, wear sweaters that show one strap of their sportsbras, and wear fucking leggings. They do their make-up in really ridiculously bright colors.

I seriously do not get this at all.

This isn't just girls; anyone in university under 22 has been doing it for years. It's become so bad that they've based an entire cell phone ad campaign on it. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I blame Napoleon Dynamite and Will Ferrell movies.

4. duchessofmalfi

duchessofmalfi Well-Known Member

connemara is a virgin, and probably uses "i'm fussy" as an excuse. fuck you virgin.

5. sonick

sonick Senior member

connemara is a virgin, and probably uses "i'm fussy" as an excuse. fuck you virgin.

I like you already.

6. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

The reason for that's name is Lish.

Did you get any? At least then some good would have come out of it. Was it hard finding leggings your size?

Nothing good came out of it [​IMG]

7. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Senior member

Just saw the worst thing in history.

4 girls. Three in the EXACT SAME North Face jacket, one in a pink NF. They were all wearing black Uggs and black leggings.

I almost flew into a rage and killed them.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. bullethead

bullethead Senior member

It's because they just..want..to..fit..in.

They're young and have no sense of self, so these dirty little whores dress exactly like their bitch-whore girlfriends, trying to get the attention from one of the gaggle of boys-fuckheads that they are-who would all be wearing stripe shirts if this was five years ago.

9. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I'm not/ Would you mind if I munch on your box?

10. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

The new thing: changing your name on Facebook to just your first and middle. AMY MARIE Why is this cool? [​IMG]

11. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

The new thing: changing your name on Facebook to just your first and middle.

AMY MARIE

Why is this cool? [​IMG]

It's cooler than next week's trend: full confirmation name.

Stop e-stalking college girls!

12. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Since I canceled my Facebook, you might as well post pictures of this Amy Marie girl.

13. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

OK, I think FIVE of my friends have done this recently. Srsly, why.

14. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

What I've gathered from this thread is that Connemara is coping with not getting laid by attempting to denigrate the women he is surrounded by ("Oh yeah! You won't have sex with me? I'll collectively insult you on an internet message board! The day is mine!")

15. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

What I've gathered from this thread is that Connemara is coping with not getting laid by attempting to denigrate the women he is surrounded by ("Oh yeah! You won't have sex with me? I'll collectively insult you on an internet message board! The day is mine!")
    [​IMG]

16. ysc

ysc Senior member

This thread was pretty amusing, and Connemara has a point about the girls, even if its mainly fueled by rejections.
    The problem isn't just a US one, send some of them here to the UK and they would fit in. We have the same, although we have a little more social stratification based on your highschool (private, pretending it was private, etc.) all completly gahstly, but the Uggs and leggings are in with all of them.

Also we seem to be recieving exported hipsters wholesale, we used to get a variety of different americans, some really great people, but now just hipsters by the ton. They come here for a taste of life outside the US, and spend the whole time just hanging out with each other. I don't suppose any of you want some of them back?

17. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Also we seem to be recieving exported hipsters wholesale, we used to get a variety of different americans, some really great people, but now just hipsters by the ton. They come here for a taste of life outside the US, and spend the whole time just hanging out with each other. I don't suppose any of you want some of them back?

+1

Last time I was in London it was a f*cking sea of hipsters everywhere I went, including Canary Wharf area! [​IMG]

You can keep them, please.

18. greekonomist

greekonomist Senior member

The new thing: changing your name on Facebook to just your first and middle.

AMY MARIE

Why is this cool? [​IMG]

To make it harder for people like you to stalk them? [​IMG]

19. singhstyle

singhstyle Senior member

I meet a group of these types of girls no matter where I am in the City or Jersey. Do these girls have the same fashion in other cities and states? Theyre like fucking robots. Jeeze.

20. ysc

ysc Senior member

I meet a group of these types of girls no matter where I am in the City or Jersey. Do these girls have the same fashion in other cities and states? Theyre like fucking robots. Jeeze.

The reason you meet these types no matter where you are is they are everywhere, well damn near.
    For your pleasure, a hypothetical conversation

Girl 1: OMG, I drank so much last night, I feel sooo gross
    Girl 2: I know, we should totally not eat anything today except (insert stupid "superfood" goji berries/cranberries/the placental matter of the sperm whale)
    Girl 2: Oh yeah, that's a totally good idea, I want to be healthy for tonight's "tequila slammer and drunkenly getting of with someone I spend the next week bitching about regretting" themed party.

Yeah, if you drink loads and then only eat/drink some super food you probably won't get fat, but eating one "superfood" does not cancel all the booze out, you will still look like shit. Has anyone else noticed this? get up close to a lot of the skinnier ones and the skin just looks, uch, and very puffy.