• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the hanger project

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i bought hangers from the project before it went official (i.e. almost two years ago). Nicest hangers you will ever find at the price. Hands down. I don't see what the benefits of cedar would be. If you're afraid of moths, there are other things you can use to repel them. I don't think the hanger itself is meant to do that. If I ever needed new hangers, that's the place i'd go.

bullitt440

Reaction score
Does a closet need that much cedar? I would think having just one or two cedar objects in the closet would benefit everything else in there.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
The moth-repelling properties of cedar have been greatly overstated in modern folklore. The cedar oil is volatile and the odor will not last for very long.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw
The moth-repelling properties of cedar have been greatly overstated in modern folklore. The cedar oil is volatile and the odor will not last for very long.
+1

jcriswel

Reaction score
Kirby's hangers at the Hanger Project are the best! I would not recommend anything else if you want to upgrade the hangers in your closet from the wire stuff you get from the dry cleaners.

This is what I use to address any moth issues. It is available at the Container Store. It has a hook on the side of the can and you can hang it anywhere in the closet. It is guaranteed to address any moth issues. The moth balls inside the can need to be replenished occassionally. The balls that they use are good in that they do not leave a lingering odor on your clothes.

nomothvu8.jpg

braised

Reaction score
The hangers are good, but too bulky. I think that the shoulder swell was 2.5", half of that would keep a garment in good shape and take less closet real estate.

Bsquared

Reaction score
I can't speak to one vs. the other, but I just got some HP suit hangers for Father's Day and will definitely be ordering more. Beauty and function combined at a reasonable price. And, according to my wife, who ordered a little late, the customer service is incredible.

foto010101

Reaction score
I tried to order some hangers, but the web sites shows an error message each time after I clicked on the "Make Payment" button. Has anybody had the same problem?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics