• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hanger Project or Butler Luxury Hangers?

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A dozen hangars! Wow, that's an impressive amount of space! But when you use hangars for your clothing storage, I can quite see how you will want to avoid the bad ones. As I understand it, they can often be contaminated by poisonous and explosive chemicals.

Be nice to the professor.

Reaction score
A dozen hangars! Wow, that's an impressive amount of space! But when you use hangars for your clothing storage, I can quite see how you will want to avoid the bad ones. As I understand it, they can often be contaminated by poisonous and explosive chemicals.
Not really a chemical problem ... bad hangers can cause wrinkles, creases, and bulges, and possibly damage to sticking--that sort of thing.

Reaction score
Lol... Right over his head...

Dear Flyswatter,
You've been swatting yourself too much. Of course I saw that "nmprisons" comment was sarcastic. SF is full of crap like that, and it went over YOUR head that you thought it went over my head. I replied sanely and nicely to that comment because I thought it was the right thing to do. Maybe something you should try.

Christopher Essex

Reaction score
Would you people stop discussing buildings where aeroplanes are stored?

I think the word you seek is hangEr, NOT hangAr.

Celadon gets it.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Would choose the HP hanger based on the shape of the neck area alone. I never cared for the shape of the neck found on the Butler products or any other hanger with a squarish edge at the collar. Under collars and collar linen are cut on the bias to shape and form themselves to your neck. The more round shape on the HP hanger is more representative of your neck shape and is much better for prolonged use and storage. Any square shaping at the hanger neck area can distort or even stretch the collar.
The contour shape from neck to shoulder point is more of an advantage regarding storage than the width of the flare.
Seems like a toss up on issues discussed so far. Butler wood and finish is said to be better than HP. HP has more shaping done to the wood to better support the neck and the shoulder. One puts more money and effort into the materials used to make the hanger, the other puts money and effort into the design of the product. Take your pick.

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend good quality hangers in the UK?

I bought a Balmain jacket from Yoox but it didn't come with a hanger :mad:

It's a small 46 but fits more like an x small 44 so the hanger would have to be for that size.

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone recommend good quality hangers in the UK?

I bought a Balmain jacket from Yoox but it didn't come with a hanger :mad:

It's a small 46 but fits more like an x small 44 so the hanger would have to be for that size.

http://www.mainetti-at-home.com/hangers/Tailored_Jacket_Hanger.html

http://www.mainetti-at-home.com/hangers/Solid_Wood_Outerwear_Hanger.html ( 46 uk I would get the 45 cm wide- same below)

http://www.mainetti-at-home.com/hangers/Shaped_Profile_Jacket_Hanger.html

LuisG

Reaction score
I do not recommend The Hanger Project, at least not in the UK. Their stock availability is not great, they are unable to deliver on time and substitute products for "similar" products without asking. Their customer service is not working properly - perhaps because they are still ramping up in the UK. They outsource delivery and returns to a third party delivery company, which does not process returns.

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I do not recommend The Hanger Project, at least not in the UK. Their stock availability is not great, they are unable to deliver on time and substitute products for "similar" products without asking. Their customer service is not working properly - perhaps because they are still ramping up in the UK. They outsource delivery and returns to a third party delivery company, which does not process returns.

Hi Luis,

Thanks for the note. Yes, we're still ramping up in the UK. It's been a little bit of a challenge to coordinate remotely. However, we are implementing some significant changes in the beginning of the year that should eliminate these problems and streamline inventory levels, fulfillment, and customer service. We'll basically be consolidating it all under one roof, which should make a big difference.

Our goal for the UK is to fully-replicate our hangers, garment care, and shoe care inventory at the same service level we offer here in the United States.

Thanks for sticking with us and sorry for any breakdowns! PM me if there is anything I can take care of for you.

Cheers,

Kirby

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics