• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kirby Allison: Affiliate thread

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to condition and address some scuffs on a pair of shoes made from a textured oiled leather. Is Saphir Medaille d'Or Oiled Leather Cream usable on a textured oiled leather, or is it only recommended for smooth leather? Is something else more appropriate? Thanks!

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1230701

We could not be more excited to announce our first GMTO collaboration with Spanish shoemaker TLB Mallorca. With two formal captoe oxfords and two casual Semi-Brogue oxfords, it really is a capsule that would fulfill almost any wardrobe needs. ⠀
The shoes feature a closed channel-stitched sole, high stitch density on the soles and uppers, real leather stiffeners, and are incredibly comfortable straight out of the box! These models are also exclusive to the Hanger Project.
Priced $395, they are an incredible value! Available for ordering the next two weeks and will deliver mid-October. ⠀
Which model is your favorite?⠀

View attachment 1230703 View attachment 1230704 View attachment 1230705 View attachment 1230706

They do look Amazing..

Are these Black/Brown Captoe Oxfords on TLB Artista's Picasso Last ?

Cantaloupe

Reaction score
View attachment 1230701

We could not be more excited to announce our first GMTO collaboration with Spanish shoemaker TLB Mallorca. With two formal captoe oxfords and two casual Semi-Brogue oxfords, it really is a capsule that would fulfill almost any wardrobe needs. ⠀
The shoes feature a closed channel-stitched sole, high stitch density on the soles and uppers, real leather stiffeners, and are incredibly comfortable straight out of the box! These models are also exclusive to the Hanger Project.
Priced $395, they are an incredible value! Available for ordering the next two weeks and will deliver mid-October. ⠀
Which model is your favorite?⠀

View attachment 1230703 View attachment 1230704 View attachment 1230705 View attachment 1230706
They look great! The suede ones are my favorite!

OlafG

Reaction score
Kirby,

Is it possible to order these in wider widths? I know TLB offers it for most of their lasts.

weissmenswear

Reaction score
I went in on the pebble grain TLBs. Surprisingly this is actually my first GMTO ever... good practice for my patience...

Anyway, still haven’t seen anything quite like these recently. strikes a really interesting balance between formal style and casual material so it definitely adds something new to the collection.

hangerproject

Reaction score
I went in on the pebble grain TLBs. Surprisingly this is actually my first GMTO ever... good practice for my patience...

Anyway, still haven’t seen anything quite like these recently. strikes a really interesting balance between formal style and casual material so it definitely adds something new to the collection.
So glad to hear this! You will like them even more after receiving them and wearing them.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to condition and address some scuffs on a pair of shoes made from a textured oiled leather. Is Saphir Medaille d'Or Oiled Leather Cream usable on a textured oiled leather, or is it only recommended for smooth leather? Is something else more appropriate? Thanks!
@hangerproject any advice on this? Thanks!

willyto

Reaction score
I bought 15 Travel Hangers, 10 Trousers Hangers and the water dispenser for shoe shine from the UK website and I have to say I'm really happy with the hangers. I can fit more suits into my wardrobe than with wide hangers and they still hang great. All of a sudden I realised I had more suits than I thought! The size as described in the sizing area is perfect for my 38 size suits and they hang pretty well

The trousers hangers are fantastic, the trousers don't slide and everything looks more organised and they don't form a crease like thinner hangers do.

The only improvement would be the package. It was too big for the pieces that were shipped so they moved around in it and it arrived half open( The tape was a single piece and didn't hold the box top too well). Some hangers were dusty but nothing troubling happened except for a couple scuffs not to worry about but something to improve for future orders.

The metal hooks had a few spots like when they get old from air exposure but I think that must be due to the warehouse location and long term storage so can't really blame the quality. It happens and it can be cleaned.

I will buy again when I need more (Specially trousers hangers) and I really appreciated the 30% discount. It pushed me to buy quite a lot more than I would have in the first place.

Yoda_in_oxfords

Reaction score
Repeat customer of Hanger Project here. While I do enjoy receiving the promo emails, a recent message gave me a chuckle. You might want to have someone proofread them before they go out. There was a rather, shall we say, interesting spelling of Médaille D'Or. ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads