• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kirby Allison: Affiliate thread

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very, very expensive item to carry given how many we were selling... and it was difficult/pointless for us to try to compete against Mr. Porter.

Check out Hadleigh's in Dallas. Ed just had a Cleverly trunk show and carries several RTW models as well.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received a new order of Kirby's hangers and there is a noticeable drop in quality. The joint is poorly finished, as is the new logo, which is printed, not embossed. The drill holes for the pant hanger is also poorly done.

I would highly discourage anybody from buying these hangers until Kirby can adequately address these issues.

Here are photos of my old hangers:

IMG_20190611_132128.jpg
IMG_20190611_132132.jpg

IMG_20190611_132142.jpg

Here are the new hangers:

IMG_20190611_132149.jpg
IMG_20190611_132155.jpg
IMG_20190611_132247.jpg

Last edited:

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received a new order of Kirby's hangers and there is a noticeable drop in quality. The joint is poorly finished, as is the new logo, which is printed, not embossed. The drill holes for the pant hanger is also poorly done. Here are photos of my old hangers:

View attachment 1190598 View attachment 1190599
View attachment 1190600

Here are the new hangers:

View attachment 1190602 View attachment 1190603 View attachment 1190604

I would highly discourage anybody from buying these hangers until Kirby can adequately address these issues.
Kirby needs to improve margins so he can afford to fly around the world and get all of his Bespoke clothing and shoes made.

papado

Reaction score
The inventory management system has been terrible as well; 6 orders now this year where i hear nothing for over a week and follow-up only to find it's not in-stock. Missed out on plenty of gloves and other items I wanted and am still unsure why I keep on ordering from them at this point!

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just received a new order of Kirby's hangers and there is a noticeable drop in quality. The joint is poorly finished, as is the new logo, which is printed, not embossed. The drill holes for the pant hanger is also poorly done.

Hey Benjamin - did you reach out to us about this? other than the additional grooves in the dovetail join and a the way the felted trouser bar was attached is there anything else wrong with the hangers?

The logo has always been printed. We have never engraved the logo on the bottom of the hangers.

Quality control is of course something we are always battling, so if you've received anything you are unhappy with, please reach out to us and allow me to replace.

Kirby

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Kirby needs to improve margins so he can afford to fly around the world and get all of his Bespoke clothing and shoes made.

Haha. Yes. I agree. I'm working on that part, but sadly, I'm not flying around the world having bespoke clothing and shoes made. Instead, I'm just spending $150,000+ year filming content for everyone to enjoy on YouTube hoping that people buy $20.00 shoe polish from me.

papado We have transitioned to NetSuite, which is a new ERP platform. And, without question, it has been incredibly challenging. Especially November-February. Very, very difficult. We're still small, which only makes the growing pains more difficult.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Benjamin - did you reach out to us about this? other than the additional grooves in the dovetail join and a the way the felted trouser bar was attached is there anything else wrong with the hangers?

The logo has always been printed. We have never engraved the logo on the bottom of the hangers.

Quality control is of course something we are always battling, so if you've received anything you are unhappy with, please reach out to us and allow me to replace.

Kirby

There's nothing functionally wrong with the hangers, just that there is a downgrade in the fit and finish. Such as this poorly finish joint with excess glue:

IMG_20190611_191404.jpg

As for the logo, it used to be engraved or debossed somehow. Definitely different from now. Here's a pic:

IMG_20190611_190846.jpg

Last edited:

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I’m excited to announce that we just published our first 60-minute video on YouTube, a Walking Tour of Savile Row where we take a look inside four of the most-important heritage bespoke tailoring houses and learn about each’s individual house style! Check it out below or at YouTube.com/kirbyallison

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m excited to announce that we just published our first 60-minute video on YouTube, a Walking Tour of Savile Row where we take a look inside four of the most-important heritage bespoke tailoring houses and learn about each’s individual house style! Check it out below or at YouTube.com/kirbyallison

Where is Chris Despos?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
On theGMTO shoes— any comparison to fit with, e.g., EG lasts?

hangerproject

Reaction score
Lineup.jpg

We could not be more excited to announce our first GMTO collaboration with Spanish shoemaker TLB Mallorca. With two formal captoe oxfords and two casual Semi-Brogue oxfords, it really is a capsule that would fulfill almost any wardrobe needs. ⠀
The shoes feature a closed channel-stitched sole, high stitch density on the soles and uppers, real leather stiffeners, and are incredibly comfortable straight out of the box! These models are also exclusive to the Hanger Project.
Priced $395, they are an incredible value! Available for ordering the next two weeks and will deliver mid-October. ⠀
Which model is your favorite?⠀

TLBBlackMain.jpg
TLBBrownMain.jpg
TLBMain.jpg
TLBGrainComplete.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads