• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kirby Allison: Affiliate thread

thomasB

Reaction score
Any chance of restock of the saphir leather / cork insoles anytime soon?

Thilgela

Reaction score
Hi Kirby,

2 general questions regarding leather cleaner/polish stripper/conditioner as I don't see many discussion around it. Recently I acquired several pairs of museum calf and crust leather shoes (e.g. Carlos Santos Patina Service & Carmina Vegano leather shoes).

1. As a general consensus on SF, Saphir Renomat is no good for these leathers in terms of stripping built-up polishes as it will also strip off factory finish. In this case, what product is best as a leather cleaner/polish stripper? Is Saphir Renovateur capable of stripping off built up polishes? If not, what products should I be looking at?

2. Some people suggest that Bick 4 is better for museum calf/crust leather as a conditioner than Saphir Renovateur as it does not darken the overall finish of museum calf/crust leathers and said to be more nourishing. Is it true?

Thanks so much!

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Kirby,

1. As a general consensus on SF, Saphir Renomat is no good for these leathers in terms of stripping built-up polishes as it will also strip off factory finish. In this case, what product is best as a leather cleaner/polish stripper? Is Saphir Renovateur capable of stripping off built up polishes? If not, what products should I be looking at?

Thanks so much!

This is bs. How did you figure this "general consensus" ?

I am using the Renomat on my John Lobb and Crockett Jones calf shoes once per year to remove the build up wax and polish from year round, and it doesn't strip the factory finish.

Thilgela

Reaction score
This is bs. How did you figure this "general consensus" ?

I am using the Renomat on my John Lobb and Crockett Jones calf shoes once per year to remove the build up wax and polish from year round, and it doesn't strip the factory finish.

This is from the shoe care thread and G&G thread a while back stating that renomat should not be used on crust leather. There are some recent posts in Carmina thread showing a vegano shoe's factory finish being stripped off by Renomat as well, which is crust leather.

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took delivery from the Hanger Project Foster & Son's albert slipper in Navy cashmere with gold script.

Thank's Kirby!

019.JPG

022.JPG

Which do you prefer, the silver or gold script?

029.JPG

GheeButtersnaps

Reaction score
@kirbya

Hey Kirby, Is it possible to get a 'new arrivals' section on the website?

I check the website every couple weeks to browse and it would be easier to go to one spot instead of opening new tabs for each category (e.g. outerwear, ties, shoe care, etc.)

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So . . . I'm going to be lame and not wade though all 200 pages of this. But is there a forum discount?

coloRLOw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone has problem when check out with paypal ?

it always says
  • PayPal gateway rejected the request. Field format error: 10413-The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Placed an order late one night for some Renovateur, and the next morning decided I’d add the shoe shine cloth. Called customer service and was told the first order was already in process, so I’d have to pay shipping again.

While I understand from a technical point of view why this was the case, I felt there was an opportunity to be flexible and comp the second order’s shipping, just as a way to go the extra mile.

The code someone mentioned up top doesn’t work either, at least not on what I ordered.

Last edited:

hangerproject

Reaction score
Placed an order late one night for some Renovateur, and the next morning decided I’d add the show shine cloth. Called customer service and was told the first order was already in process, so I’d have to pay shipping again.

While I understand from a technical point of view why this was the case, I felt there was an opportunity to be flexible and comp the second order’s shipping, just as a way to go the extra mile.

The code someone mentioned up top doesn’t work either, at least not on what I ordered.

Hi @althanis

This is not usually our policy -- unless your order has been shipped out already. We are happy to look into this for you. Could you provide me with your order number? I'll have our customer service rep look into it.

Also, regarding our coupon, it is 10% off of orders $100 or more. To confirm the code is: SF10

Thank you! Look forward to hearing from you!

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @althanis

This is not usually our policy -- unless your order has been shipped out already. We are happy to look into this for you. Could you provide me with your order number? I'll have our customer service rep look into it.

Also, regarding our coupon, it is 10% off of orders $100 or more. To confirm the code is: SF10

Thank you! Look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you for responding and offering to resolve the situation, and for clarification around the code.

I’ve reached out to you via PM.

shoelearner

Reaction score
Good morning hangerproject, how are you doing?

Regarding the order # 100092630, I placed it last Friday although I haven't received any order confirmation email nor tracking link yet, I was wondering what the current status for this order is. Figured I'd reach out to you here instead.

Thank you very much sir!

hangerproject

Reaction score
Good morning hangerproject, how are you doing?

Regarding the order # 100092630, I placed it last Friday although I haven't received any order confirmation email nor tracking link yet, I was wondering what the current status for this order is. Figured I'd reach out to you here instead.

Thank you very much sir!

Hi! We just checked in with our customer service rep and we see that she responded to your ticket with a tracking number around 11 AM CT. Also, your package should be waiting for you in your mailbox already! Thank you, have a great day!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads