1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 26, 2008.

1. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

So, whatever happened to shoe shine sundays?

2. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Red left

3. mktitsworth

I actually think I remember hearing about that. Didn't he go to The Armoury in NY?

Here I was thinking tomorrow was a good day to shield myself from my children and stink up my office.

4. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

He has left the Armoury and started ST. Crispisins of the Americas. I did suggest that to him before he did it.

5. mktitsworth

Started? As in running St. Crispins North America operation?

6. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

yes

7. kirbya

kirbya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

@ThinkDerm @mktitsworth

That's correct - @GothamRed left The Armoury some time ago and is now running Saint Crispins North America full time. He is continuing to help me with A Suitable Wardrobe, though.

We stopped Shoe Shine Sunday just because it felt a little redundant and participating waned. I'd love to start it up again... but we're brainstorming some different formats, like maybe a livestream. Any thoughts?

We're also beginning to film some shoe shine tutorial videos. You can find the first one or two here: https://www.youtube.com/hangerproject

We've just begun, so don't be too critical on the videos. We're still working on the format. But if you have any suggestions for videos, please let me know.

Cheers,

Kirby

1 person likes this.
  8. bmulford

bmulford Senior member

@kirbya

A live-stream could be an interesting format. I might suggest having a participant/forum member send you a pair of shoes as a working subject. New Anthony Cleverlys are awesome to see get a glace treatment, but how much more impactful observing a middle-of-the-road EG or CJ, go from drab to lustrous.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  9. kirbya

@bmulford

You raise a point I was thinking about lately, anyway. At the rate we are filming new shoe care tutorials, I'm going to run out of shoes very soon, anyway. Do you have a pair of shoes you want to volunteer?

10. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

How about a contest to see the worst shoe that you could bring back to life? I've got a pretty strong contender in that category...

11. bmulford

bmulford Senior member

@kirbya Alas my endowment of footware is well attended (thanks to the many videos and tutorials I've taken in over the last decade). I'm sure we have some members that would love to participate, however.

12. dangaa

dangaa New Member

Just placed an order for some hangers and some brushes. Very excited!

13. kirbya

14. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

After I get back from Napa I need to put in an order for more vertical trouser hangers and suit & jacket hangers + garment bags (for some reason I really like having a garment bag for each suit/jacket in the closet. Print off an index card with what the fabric is, maker, and size and it makes it a lot easier to pull things out as well as keep them from accumulating dust and travel easier). Got a lot of S/S trousers in and a couple summer weight suits that need to be properly hung.

15. hangerproject

hangerproject Member

Facebook Live Session:
    Choosing the Right Shoe Polish Color

Friday, March 24 @ 12PM CST

[​IMG]
    The Hanger Project will be streaming live on Facebook & Instagram this Friday @ 12PM CST. Our founder, Kirby Allison will discuss how to choose the proper shoe polish color from Saphir's collection of wax and cream polishes.

Interested in learning more about our products and how to use them? Click on the following link to let us know, and we'll include the topic in our upcoming social live videos --> Share Your Questions

Click here to follow us on Facebook

Click here to follow us on Instagram

Click here to subscribe to our YouTube

Watch our latest video below on How to Create a Mirror Shine

[​IMG]

16. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

Kirby,
    When will these be restocked?

17. kirbya

We are currently having more made. Should get them in two weeks time. Also getting an absolutely incredible 2.5 mm flat shoe lace made. Very exclusive. Saw them in a pair of bespoke shoes. Either vintage or Japanese. But having them made in black and brown for us!

1 person likes this.
  18. dangaa

dangaa New Member

Kirby,

I just ordered a whole bunch of Saphir products but had a question on the Reno'mat - can it be used on cordovan? Trying to clean a pair of shoes that looks like it has a buildup of old polish on it and although scrubbing it down with water seems to take some of it off it really looks to be caked on.

Just wondering if this works as well on cordovan as it does calf.

Thoughts?

19. kirbya

The Reno'Mat is pretty safe to use - so there wouldn't be any problems using it on Cordovan. It primarily targets the waxes and resins on top of the leather.

I'd just be sure to use the Reno and Cordovan polish afterwards to condition the leather.

Also - just filmed our Cordovan Shoe Shine video -- I'm super happy with it. Shold be up on our YouTube Channel in a few weeks.

20. skenney

skenney Senior member