• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kirby Allison: Affiliate thread

Louys

Reaction score
Oh,
Since these are already discount, not technically.
I didn't mean for the sweaters, I meant for regular full price merch. Europrep's comment seems to imply that there is an SF discount separate from the discount already on the sweaters which may or may not stack with them.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very cool and unique selection Kirby.

Sweater kopped for me, shawl kopped for wife.

Last edited:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Im considering kopping the green 1/4 zip

I thought about that one but went with the cardigan. I don't have anything in that cotton blend but reviews have been positive and the 1/4 zip looks great.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought about that one but went with the cardigan. I don't have anything in that cotton blend but reviews have been positive and the 1/4 zip looks great.

Weird, as I went to add it to my cart, it went up to full price...

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im so mad the blue 1/4 zip is gone. If I wear approximately 40R would I wear a medium?

peepwall[1].gif

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aaaaaaand...we're back!

Today I'm refreshing a very special pair of Saint Crispin's exotic loafers — join me by posting photographs here today of you shining/polishing your shoes (before and after shots, please)!

One (1) randomly chosen participant in our thread today will receive his or her choice of one (1) Drake's of London Elephant, Rectangle Motif, or Paisley pocket squares! In addition, we also want to interact with all of you on social media and each participant this week who cross-posts to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr (using the hashtag #shoeshinesunday and #entry) will receive one entry for a drawing to be held in eleven weeks for a $500 Hanger Project gift certificate!

Without further ado, let's get to it...

These Saint Crispin's loafers are brand new, but have been handled quite a bit and could use a bit of a refresh, including the sole edges.

The "damage"
Edoya brush
Saphir Pate de Luxe polish in neutral
Glass Water Dispenser
Cut cotton pads
Saint Crispin's edging tool
Leather Shoeshine Carpet
As always, I first brushed the shoes, this time with an Edoya brush, to remove any dirt and other surface adulterants.

Brush, brush, brush

I began the actual polishing process by applying a very thin, light layer of neutral Saphir Pate de Luxe polish all over the shoes with a cut cotton pad. Given that these loafers are exotic, I did not "work" the wax into the shoes as usual with calf shoes, but instead I applied the light layer of wax and let it dry.

Wax on​

While the wax dried, I used another cut cotton pad and the 4-1 water/pure alcohol mixture that I keep in my Glass Water Dispenser to clean up and remove a bit of surface cracked finish on the sole edges.

Smoothing out​

Then, I applied and worked neutral Saphir Pate de Luxe polish into the sole edges. Before the wax completely dried, I used a Saint Cripin's edging tool to smooth out and seal the sole edges.

Wood n' leather​

Lastly, I briskly brushed the dried wax off of the shoes with my Edoya brush and used the softness of the brush to highly polish the toes.

Tadaa

That's it for today!

Remember to post photographs here today of you shining/polishing your shoes (again - before and after, please) to qualify for our drawing for one (1) Drake's of London Elephant, Rectangle Motif, or Paisley pocket squares! Keep the win rolling by also cross-posting your photos on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr (using the hashtag #shoeshinesunday and #entry) — start collecting entries now for the drawing to be held in eleven weeks for a $500 Hanger Project gift certificate!

I'll be checking back in on this thread throughout the day, so feel free to include any questions you might have along with your posts — who knows, the answer(s) may even be the subject of a future Shoe Shine Sunday!

LeMaitreChat

Reaction score

Aaaaaaand...we're back!

Today I'm refreshing a very special pair of Saint Crispin's exotic loafers — join me by posting photographs here today of you shining/polishing your shoes (before and after shots, please)!

One (1) randomly chosen participant in our thread today will receive his or her choice of one (1) Drake's of London Elephant, Rectangle Motif, or Paisley pocket squares! In addition, we also want to interact with all of you on social media and each participant this week who cross-posts to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr (using the hashtag #shoeshinesunday and #entry) will receive one entry for a drawing to be held in eleven weeks for a $500 Hanger Project gift certificate!

Without further ado, let's get to it...

These Saint Crispin's loafers are brand new, but have been handled quite a bit and could use a bit of a refresh, including the sole edges.

The "damage"
Edoya brush
Saphir Pate de Luxe polish in neutral
Glass Water Dispenser
Cut cotton pads
Saint Crispin's edging tool
Leather Shoeshine Carpet
As always, I first brushed the shoes, this time with an Edoya brush, to remove any dirt and other surface adulterants.

Brush, brush, brush

I began the actual polishing process by applying a very thin, light layer of neutral Saphir Pate de Luxe polish all over the shoes with a cut cotton pad. Given that these loafers are exotic, I did not "work" the wax into the shoes as usual with calf shoes, but instead I applied the light layer of wax and let it dry.

Wax on​

While the wax dried, I used another cut cotton pad and the 4-1 water/pure alcohol mixture that I keep in my Glass Water Dispenser to clean up and remove a bit of surface cracked finish on the sole edges.

Smoothing out​

Then, I applied and worked neutral Saphir Pate de Luxe polish into the sole edges. Before the wax completely dried, I used a Saint Cripin's edging tool to smooth out and seal the sole edges.

Wood n' leather​

Lastly, I briskly brushed the dried wax off of the shoes with my Edoya brush and used the softness of the brush to highly polish the toes.

Tadaa

That's it for today!

Remember to post photographs here today of you shining/polishing your shoes (again - before and after, please) to qualify for our drawing for one (1) Drake's of London Elephant, Rectangle Motif, or Paisley pocket squares! Keep the win rolling by also cross-posting your photos on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr (using the hashtag #shoeshinesunday and #entry) — start collecting entries now for the drawing to be held in eleven weeks for a $500 Hanger Project gift certificate!

I'll be checking back in on this thread throughout the day, so feel free to include any questions you might have along with your posts — who knows, the answer(s) may even be the subject of a future Shoe Shine Sunday!
Wow those Saint Crispin's look amazing! As a side note, any chance The Hanger Project might start carrying Edoya brushes? I'd be interested to get my hands on one...

Today I'm working on my Riders. It had been awhile since I had last polished them, and they were starting to look a bit dry.

I started them off with a few coats of Reno

Next, I put on 3 coats of neutral pommadier

Then, two coats of Saphir #34 wax

Lastly, some mirror shine on the toe (and heel), also with #34

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow those Saint Crispin's look amazing! As a side note, any chance The Hanger Project might start carrying Edoya brushes? I'd be interested to get my hands on one...

Thanks! Unlikely as to the Edoya brushes, as they barely have any in their own shop day-to-day given that they are hand made and sell almost immediately.

Louys

Reaction score
I needed a hanger. I got a hanger. I like my hanger. If you need a hanger you should get these hangers as you will like these hangers.

/review

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads