1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 26, 2008.

1. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

lots of wax also cracks.

2. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Wanted to say THANK YOU to Kirby and The Hanger Project for their donation to the Consign for a Cause Career Gear Charity Auction

Bidding ends this Sunday evening (12/14) for all 144 items including these two great items (click the links below) so you can do some guilt free shopping for things you needed anyway AND donate to a really great cause. 100% of the proceeds from all these auctions goes direct to Career Gear

HANGER PROJECT Saphir Shoeshine Starter Kit - 4 Polish 4 Brush 2 Cloths & Valet

HANGER PROJECT Mens Sampler Set of Suit Sport Coat Trouser Pants PREMIUM HANGERS

3. jonc123

jonc123 New Member

Great forum...first post here. After I placed an order for the 21" extra large shirt hangers, I noticed that he has these hangers listed in two places in the "hanger" dropdown menu on the homepage of the website. They are under "Shirt and Sweater Hangers" and also listed as a seperate item in the menu.

http://www.hangerproject.com/luxury-wooden-shirt-hangers.html

http://www.hangerproject.com/mens-extra-large-shirt-hanger.html

The two listings are also priced differently and not available in the same exact finishes.

What is the difference?

Thanks,

Jon

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  4. GothamRed

GothamRed Senior member

Q&A Edition Two

For today's Shoe Shine Sunday I'm hanging around again and taking all shoe shine questions! Join me by posting any shoe shine questions here, as well as before and after photos here of your own polish job today!

Remember to also cross-post to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr (using the hashtag #shoeshinesunday)!

Without further ado, let's get to it...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

can you get a mirror shine on those peccaries?

6. GothamRed

GothamRed Senior member

Ha, sure - with enough time and effort.

7. Itsuo

Itsuo Senior member

Great peccary shoes!

I gave some attention to a beloved pair of cordovan shoes that I've decided will be better off in a new home, so I tried to get them back to show form.

This is the before I got started, mostly just dusty. .
    [​IMG]

This is after the application of a cleaner/conditioner.
    [​IMG]

I buffed them after a few hours but the surface was still sticky so I let them sit over night and buffed them again to bring out this shine.
    [​IMG]

This is after the application/buffing of Saphir Cordovan Cremé.
    [​IMG]

Outside with a few other pairs.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. shrugged

shrugged Active Member

Hi, is $30 shipping for one jacket hanger to Canada pretty standard? Is there an order amount for hangers to Canada that would qualify me for cheaper shipping? Thank you.

9. Munky

Munky Senior member

Could you not buy something, a lot cheaper, at home?

10. shrugged

shrugged Active Member

I've only been able to find suit jacket hangers at my local shops that accommodate size 42+, while I'm after something for a 38.

11. GothamRed

GothamRed Senior member

Christmas Prep Edition

With Christmas events coming up, today's Shoe Shine Sunday is a refresh for some Saint Crispin's 105s in crust calf. Join me by posting before and after photos here of your own polish job today!

Remember to also cross-post to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr (using the hashtag #shoeshinesunday)!

Without further ado, let's get to it...

Saphir Leather Lotion
    Saphir Pate de Luxe Wax Shoe Polish in Medium Brown, Neutral
    High Shine Glass Water Dispenser
    Saphir Cotton Chamois
    Cotton Pads
    Ovangkol Sciuscià Polishing Brush
    Edoya Finishing Brush

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Before​

This pair hasn't been worn all that much but, as is common for mirror-finished toe caps, the mirror finish dulled and has also picked up some nicks and scratches. So, today it's time for a bit of a refresh using the same mirror shine techniques that I have previously described...

[​IMG]
    After...

Remember to post photographs here today of you shining/polishing your shoes (before and after, please) and also to cross-post your photos on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr (using the hashtag #shoeshinesunday).

I'll be checking back in on this thread throughout the day, so feel free to include any questions you might have along with your posts — who knows, the answer(s) may even be the subject of a future Shoe Shine Sunday!

2 people like this.
  12. ScottMC

ScottMC Senior member

I have a shoe shine Sunday question: I was trying to get some shine on the toes of my grain boots, I think I over did the wax polish and actually lost some of the shine on the left boot. What can I do? Does the wax just need to dry longer?
    [​IMG]
    I'd like them to look like this:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  13. GothamRed

GothamRed Senior member

Looks like you may have just overdone it with the amount of wax or, most likely, the pressure when applying the wax. Brush/buff the existing wax off after drying and then continue with very thin applications of wax with light pressure, allowing each layer to dry followed by brushing/buffing.

1 person likes this.
  14. Dillardiv

Dillardiv Senior member

15. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Senior member

So I have these Alden boots from LS that were gifted to me a few years ago. They were in need of some love and attention so I took a stab at them with what I have.

Before
    [​IMG]

During - Left boot was brushed after I applied some Reno, the right boot was not brushed after it was Reno'd.
    [​IMG]

After - Boots were treated with Saphir Black paste and then buffed, oh and they got new laces.
    [​IMG]

Not sure what I could do to these to give them a nice shine.
    Would wax work on these? Or do I just keep at it with the brush and buff?

Oh and sorry for the lousy pics, the light in that room is garbage.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  16. GothamRed

GothamRed Senior member

Holiday Break
    Happy Holidays to all! Shoe Shine Sunday is on a holiday break this week, but we'll see you all back here next week in the new year. Cheers!

17. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Tried some tips from Red, I still need to try the water:alcohol mix but I like the result. I would like to build a bit more shine though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  18. GothamRed

GothamRed Senior member

A good start, amigo!

1 person likes this.
  19. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Put in practice the techinique yesterday with some other shoes. The burgundy ones were quite stubborn but with this technique it was a lot easier. 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  20. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Red, how can I get rid of these ehmmmm don't know how to call them but for example sometimes when I get in the car the toe of the show hits the door and takes of the wax but when I try to polish them it stays the same.

[​IMG]