1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Hate to be that guy to ask, but does the promo code "Styleforum" stack with the sale items?

2. kentpope

kentpope Senior member

Does that code even work anymore? I tried it awhile back and couldn't get it to work.

3. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

I couldn't get it to work a couple weeks ago.

4. hangerproject

hangerproject Member

Try "StyleForum" with a capital F. That should work for you. If it doesn't, contact us at 1.800.495.3201 and we'll get it sorted out.

5. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Beautiful pictures and beautiful shoes. Compliments.

6. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

Thank you kind sir!

7. GothamRed

GothamRed Senior member

Aaaaaaand...we're back!

Hola, everyone! It's too nice outside to be stuck inside, so Shoe Shine Sunday is going mobile! Today my Saphir polish and Carmina tassel loafers are busy soaking up the sun...join me by posting before and after photos (inside or out) of your own polish job today!

Each participant this week who cross-posts to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr (using the hashtag #shoeshinesunday and #entry) will receive one entry for a drawing to be held in six weeks for a $500 Hanger Project gift certificate!

Without further ado, let's get to it...

My Carmina tassel loafers have been worn a lot, and yesterday I noticed that they needed a refresh. So, I packed up the usual refreshing tools, grabbed the wife, a brat and a brew, and gave all of the tourists a surprise show...

[​IMG]
    Before
    Saphir Pate de Luxe Wax Polish in dark brown
    High Density Horsehair Polishing Brush
    Deluxe Goat Hair Finishing Brush
    Saphir Renovateur
    Saphir Pommadier Cream Shoe Polish in dark green
    Given that this is a usual refresh, but with a beautiful view, let's get straight to the photos...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Remember to post photographs here today of you shining/polishing your shoes (again - before and after, please) and also cross-post your photos on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr (using the hashtag #shoeshinesunday and #entry) — start collecting entries now for the drawing to be held in six weeks for a $500 Hanger Project gift certificate!

I'll be checking back in on this thread throughout the day, so feel free to include any questions you might have along with your posts — who knows, the answer(s) may even be the subject of a future Shoe Shine Sunday!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  8. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

Happy Shoe Shine Shunday! [​IMG]

IT'S SPA DAY!
    Today, I'm treating a pair of Alden x J.Gilbert Natural CXL Wingtip Boots to a beauty and wellness program specifically designed to promote healthier looking skin, while diminishing fine lines and wrinkles.

Today's libation … Hendrick's & Tonic with Juniper Berries, Fever Tree Tonic and the most most important … The Tivolo Ice Ball … available at The Hanger Project.

Leather Polishing Mat (similar item)
    Saphir Renovateur
    Large Horsehair Shoe Polishing Brush
    Chamois Cloth (similar item)
    Tivolo Ice Ball

BEFORE:
    [​IMG]

THE CONSULTATION
    To begin, I conduct an analysis to determine the subject's skin type, condition, lifestyle, and any problem areas that would require specialized treatment.

SKIN TYPE:​
    These boots are composed of Natural Chromexcel. This leather requires little more than maintaining its moisture balance and healthy looking glow. In addition, since these boots have a "natural" skin tone, we don't want to add any coloring agents that would otherwise alter its inherent beauty. To determine your subject's skin type, consult Hanger Project's Leather Care Overview.
    CONDITION:​
    There are some signs of aging … a few wrinkles and fine lines, but overall the condition is very good.
    LIFESTYLE:​
    These boots have an active lifestyle and have been well worn, but also well taken care of :). It's apparent that good beauty habits have become routine.
    RECOMMENDATIONS:​
    A thorough wipe & rub down, followed by a Saphir cleansing and moisturizing mask. Concluding with an invigorating natural brush treatment.​

WHERE BEAUTY BEGINS
    [​IMG]
    ► First, give the boots a quick brushing to remove any impurities on the surface.

► Next, wipe down gently with a damp cloth to prepare the surface.

[​IMG]
    ► Then, apply a thin layer of Saphir Renovateur; lightly massaging in small circular motions to cleanse and moisturize.

► Put on some relaxing music and let the product penetrate for 20 minutes ... Enya - Caribbean Blue might be a good choice here. :)

[​IMG]
    Enya - Caribbean Blue

[​IMG]
    ► After the Saphir Renovateur has penetrated and the skin is no longer shiny, gently wipe the surface to remove any remaining dirt and distribute any remaining product.

► Next, brush vigoriously with a Large Horsehair Shoe Polishing Brush to bring the natural oils to the surface, creating a healthy looking glow.

► Lastly, buff with a Chamois to bring out a natural shine.

THE RESULTS ARE DRAMATIC
    Rehydrated and restored to a vital, youthful state, glowing with radiance…

[​IMG]

To learn more about The Hanger Project and which products are best for your shoes, consult The Hanger Project's Leather Care Overview to tailor a regimen custom-fit for your shoes skin type.

The Hanger Project …
    "If Your Shoes Don't Look Good, We Don't Look Good."
    [​IMG]

Cheers!

#shoeshinesunday
    #entry

9. GothamRed

GothamRed Senior member

So #concept, @macjedi

Given that they're Chromexcel, Saphir's greasy leather cream is a better bet than Reno — you want to keep the oils impregnated in the leather, rather than pull them out.

10. stevent

stevent Senior member

Added a little wax and filled in some uneven coloring on my new EG mto today:

New out of box:
    [​IMG]
    Some uneveness
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As it's crust takes color really easily, Saphir green creme is really green so I put a little bit too much on. Saphir green wax is a bit darker than EG olive so counteracts the creme well. Two coats of wax on toe / counters and one on shoe for a little protection
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And Instagram photo:

11. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

Thanks! Yeah, the greasy leather cream would been ideal. Unfortunately, I don't have any yet … but it's on my list!

12. GothamRed

GothamRed Senior member

#justdoit

@stevent — great color!

13. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

@macjedi - you lost me with your selection of Enya. :)

1 person likes this.
  14. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Beautiful result. They look like new. Compliments. I piacebbe be as good as you in polishing shoes.

15. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

HA! That was a joke BTW. :)

Thanks!

@kirbya … I'm taking a trip in a couple weeks and looking to get a pair of your travel shoe trees. The sizing chart image shows I'm a large, but the info in the description shows I might be a medium. I'm 9D US tts. Do you suggest medium or large? Thanks!

16. kirbya

kirbya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Good catch. I'll get that edited. Go off of the written sizing guide:

Small: US 6-7 / EU 39-40
    Medium: US 7.5-9 / EU 41-42
    Large: US 9.5-10.5 / EU 43-44
    Extra-Large: US 11-12 / EU 45-46

The sizing guide from the manufacturer is based on EU sizing - we then had to translate it to the U.S. equivalents. So, if you know what EU size you are, go with the suggestion there. However, I think our translations should also be accurate.

The travel trees are nice. My luggage is now several pounds lighter!

Cheers,

Kirby

17. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

Thanks so much! Order placed :)

18. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

@RedDevil10! I was gonna take your advice, but the Natural Greasy Leather Cream appears to be outta stock :( . I'll keep a lookout for it though. Thanks!

19. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

@kirbya and @RedDevil10

I'm doing a "presidential" shoe care regimen on these Crockett and Jones in "chestnut" color calf. They are reddish-tan.

They've been washed with Saphir/Avel saddle soap and conditioned with Saphir dubbin.

[​IMG]

Renovateur is the next step, but I'm already thinking ahead to polishing

What color would you recommend for polishing cream and wax?

For polishing creams, all I have is a Meltonian in "London Tan" and an Alden neutral. (Pictured) Which of these would you recommend?

I don't have any suitable polishing waxes. Would you recommend a neutral Saphir wax? (http://www.hangerproject.com/saphir-wax-shoe-polish.html)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  20. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Someone at C&J recommended Saphir polish cream (pommadier) in "Hermes Red." Does this sound right to anyone? I think it'd be too dark and too red.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]