1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Marc Voorhees

Marc Voorhees Senior member

Out of my own curiosity, what brought up this question?

Thanks!

P.S. This is a great weekly thing. and I am glad to be a part of it!

2. GothamRed

GothamRed Senior member

Great stuff! Looking forward to seeing the finished boots!

The pronounced creasing and rolling was what caught my eye. Thanks for joining us today and we'll see you again soon, MV!

3. GothamRed

GothamRed Senior member

Thanks to all for joining us yesterday!

[​IMG]
    Congrats to @Marc Voorhees , @BrockB , @stevent , @JPHardy and @ThinkDerm on your gift certificates! Check back for the results of our drawing for a Drake's of London cashmere tie!

4. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Love you guys!

5. Marc Voorhees

Marc Voorhees Senior member

Sadly I wont be able to spend just $50 .... Damn you Kirby! Your plan has succeeded!

Thank you both so much for setting this up!

6. BrockB

BrockB Member

I know what you mean, I just got my shipping confirmation for a $300 order and there is still a ton of stuff I want!

7. GothamRed

GothamRed Senior member

[​IMG]

8. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Waiting for my $50 gift card so I can spend some $$ :slayer:

Keep it coming Kirby!

9. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

This is what happens when I spend the weekend working non-stop. :p

10. stevent

stevent Senior member

This looks like perfect timing for the $50 certificate!

[​IMG]

Looking forward to the new Inis Meain

11. mktitsworth

I want the red one third from the bottom all the way on the left.

12. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Holy sh*t. Are those all Inis knits?

(And is that the beach in the background? :slayer:)

13. mktitsworth

"Greetings from Ireland."

14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

And to think I don't own a single sweater.

15. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

order placed. thanks kirby, red, and the good folks at The Hanger Project!

16. jjl245

jjl245 New Member

I made my first expensive (for me) shoe purchase. They are the reverse chamois boots pictured below:
    [​IMG]

They are also on this page: http://www.thesimplyrefined.com/suede-slush-chamois/

My question is, how do I protect, maintain, clean these? I have the Saphir Super Invulner Waterproofing spray, is that sufficient to use then be able to wear right away? Do I need to do any type of initial polish like you do with dress shoes?

What about maintenance. Do I need to use a suede brush on these? Do I need to use Saphier Renovateur or some type of oil/conditioner occasionally? What about spot cleaning?

Lastly - what about big annual "polishing". From everything I read on here and in other forums there is not a lot on reverse chamois...it seems to be somewhere between suede and normal leather? I have searched for reverse chamois care a lot and cant find much. Any help at all is appreciated!

17. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Fantastic collections...

18. mktitsworth

As reverse chamois, this looks like a suede sort of thing. Flesh is out, and so I would imagine that it should be treated in the same way as other flesh side leathers. For maintaining them, my guess is that the suede/nubuck procedure would be pretty safe, though I've no experience with reverse chamois. This is based upon the fact that it's a flesh side leather similar to suede and nubuck. The renovateur you linked is for calf and other smooth leathers. For suede and probably this, it would (probably) be better to use the Renovateur Spray. This can also take care of recoloring things. If it has a nap, a suede brush will probably be useful for maintaining the nap. I have not ever treated suede shoes before taking them out. A coat of the invulver would probably be good first though. At the very least, it won't hurt and it will help (further) waterproof the shoe.

19. GothamRed

GothamRed Senior member

Join us for another Shoe Shine Sunday this Sunday, March 9, 2014!

Yep — I'll be back on Sunday to host another Hanger Project Shoe Shine Sunday!

As a reminder, here's how it works: every Sunday, The Hanger Project will select a theme and post photographs here of us shining a pair of shoes, usually along with some explanation or instruction. We might even post a .gif or two.

You can participate with us by posting photographs here, on Sunday, of your shoes (calf, suede, cordovan, chromexcel, etc.) before and during/after shining. Everyone who participates (within the guidelines posted each Sunday) will be eligible to receive the promotion or win the product offered — the offering will be different each week.

We also encourage you to post questions here, whether on Sunday or throughout the week. Your questions can help us determine themes for subsequent Shoe Shine Sundays!

Our offer this week is three (3) pairs of Super-Fine Over-the-Calf 920L Palatino Dress Socks, one (1) pair of color/size choice to be awarded to each of three (3) qualifying participants (winners chosen at random)! In addition, we also want to interact with all of you on social media, so feel free to cross-post to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr (using the hashtag #shoeshinesunday).

We look forward to seeing everyone Sunday and to hearing any questions or theme suggestions in the meantime!

Cheers,

RD

20. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Hey Red,

Who won the Drakes tie last week?