The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 26, 2008.

1. europrep

europrep Senior member

^ I use his 17 inch hangers for my size US40 suit and jackets and they fit great. Make sure to use the style forum code to get 10% off your order: StyleForum

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013

2. kirbya

kirbya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Silverfox - thanks for your post.

For a 44 long, you could probably go to an 18.5", especially if you also plan to use them for overcoats. Because we've had a lot of experience with jacket measurements overstating the hanger size, we've tried to move away from that to a Jacket-size-only sizing guide. But even then, it's still an imperfect science.

As for shipping - I presume we'd be shipping internationally. Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do there because everything we sell ships really large. I actually lose on most our international shipping. But if you think shipping is overstated, email me after you place your order and I'll be happy to adjust downward if it comes out cheaper than what we quoted.

3. kirbya

Itsuo - sorry to hear about your socks. Do you keep your toenails trimmed? If you have a long toe nail, because of how thin these socks are, they'll saw right through the end. When I first started wearing these nicer socks, I had the same problem. But keeping my big toenail trimmed short has essentially eliminated the problem.

With standard, thicker socks, it isn't a problem. But the socks also suck.

I'd also recommend pulling out a needle and darning (sewing) any holes shut. Gives the sock character! I've done this with a few pairs before I figured out the toenail issue.

PM me before you place any new orders and I'll give you a courtesy kickback for the damaged socks.

4. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

How would I get rid of this water mark?
    [​IMG]

5. kirbya

You could try a little Reno'Mat. I'm experimenting with the Hirve Winter Stain Remover this week (on another forum member's shoes) that's supposed to remove water stains. I'll let you know how it works out.

6. Itsuo

Itsuo Senior member

Thanks Kirby. I did see your guide to making the socks last by keeping the nails at bay may have helped but I had holes in several different places across my different pairs. Again, I maintain this is at least in part a function of the mileage I put on these socks. I do like them very much and agree that darning does give them personality!

Perhaps the sock darning could be a future DIY feature on your site? I know I would surely appreciate it.

7. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    Congratulations on your upgraded website with new material and more defined aids.

Unfortunately, the dull white text on black in the descriptions are still to hard for me to read. unless I expand the screen or block out the text to see the white text better.

Perhaps you could run a Poll at this forum and ask others when viewing the following new page:

http://www.hangerproject.com/shoe-care-guide/

8. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

Any update on Hirve Winter Stain Remover ?

9. Marc Voorhees

Marc Voorhees Senior member

Hello , Dos the promotional code StyleForum no longer work? I am looking to buy several more hangers...

Thanks in advance!

marc

10. kirbya

Going to make myself sit down and do it tomorrow.

11. kirbya

Thanks, David. We'll look into getting rid of the black background sometime next year -- it would have been a much larger change than I could have managed. :embar:

As far as the shoe care guides - I am looking into creating "printer friendly" links on each of the guide that would remove the background and change the text color to black. I'll let you know.

in the meantime, maybe try increasing the size of your browser font...?

12. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

Placed an order on the 27th, have yet to receive a confirmation email that my order has shipped. Also sent an email/message through the contact form asking if I could add buy something else and have it added minutes after placing the initial order. Is this normal?

13. kirbya

Lirum - can you PM me your order number? Between the launch of the new website, a warehouse reorganization to make room for stuff coming in for the fall, and a physical inventory, we're running a little behind -- all of which is not normal. But I will be happy to figure out what's up with your order, just need your info.

14. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

Kirby, any thoughts on the I Colori di Antonio DVD?

I bought O'Mast and love it.

15. kirbya

I Colori di Antonio is shot just as beautifully as O'Mast, but, as the title suggests, really focuses on the personal story of Antonio Liverano. It is much less about tailoring as it is about a tailor. I'd give it three out of five stars. O'Mast is a classic that I will re-watch. I Colori di Antonio is something I'll only watch once... :embar:

However, on this note, what I was very surprised by was I am Dandy by Rose Callahan. Based on the cover, I was expecting an esoteric book profiling impossible-to-relate-to weird dandies. These guys are certainly in the book, but it also contains profiles of many normal, but incredibly well-dressed men. I especially am enjoying the glimpses into these men's homes and personal lives.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]