1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 26, 2008.

1. BBlue777c

BBlue777c New Member

order placed. Though I don't think the 12 socks I ordered had the 10% discount so i'll email you the order ID.
    Guess i'll post back if theres any brokerage fees but as an experienced online shopper I would not be surprised If i got them, that is just the way of life for us canadians.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  2. kirbya

kirbya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Email me. I'll check

3. kirbya

I'm resuming work on my planned Dressing Valet - please offer your feedback.

So, I am going to just have a prototype made now, hopefully in time to showcase at the November StyleForum event in New York. You'll remember that we visited this idea over a year ago.

Below are several design sketches for possible valets. We need to decide on one design. Let me know your thoughts and how we might splice ideas together to create the perfect, high-quality dressing valet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. chogall

chogall Senior member

Dressing valets with build in jacket and pants hanger is much more appealing. To me at least.

5. kirbya

The idea of just having a hook is to allow our stock hangers to be used in conjunction with the valet. If we build in a hanger, then we would not be able to offer it in four sizes.

6. chogall

chogall Senior member

sounds like its going to be a very tall valet to have enough clearing for suit hanger with jacket and pants on it...

7. kirbya

A good point, but no taller than an ordinary valet with an integrated hanger. We can modify the hardware on which the hanger hangs to adjust for that.

Any preference / thoughts on design?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  8. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

Design wise I find option F appealing, but think it would be cool with the base from option D.

9. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

At the very least, I would need to have the ability to hang my suit on the valet because I like to layout my suit, tie, shoes, cufflinks and socks the night before wearing. I also like to use a valet to brush my suit/sport coat before hanging back in the closet. Maybe a telescoping hanger arm?

10. foto010101

foto010101 Senior member

I would like to thank Kirby for his great service.

A customer from Europe!

11. kirbya

Excited to announce our offering of Talarico Umbrellas. On a recent trip to Naples in June, I was able to hand select an assortment of umbrellas. Every umbrella is unique and, with the exception of two or three models, one-of-one.

Also check out this recent blog post on my visit to Talarico.

A small selection of umbrellas can be seen below.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  12. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior member

Cool concept, my current valet doesn't compare to this. Any idea or thoughts on pricing? How much would shipping be? Would it need to be assembled?

13. steveoly

steveoly Senior member

Regarding the valet prototypes, where do you hang your shirt? It seems like this is an issue on most existing valets too. You can hang your jacket, trousers, belt and tie, but there's never a place for your shirt.

14. chogall

chogall Senior member

1, 3, 4 looks okay. 2 will be too short for a hanger at the back.

Even then, 1 and 3 looks like the jacket will be hard to reach assuming the valet has its back facing the wall...

15. kirbya

Video of Mario Talarico schooling me in how to wrap an umbrella. Apparently there is a right and wrong way to do it...

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

16. kirbya

One of the benefits of a system that allows hangers to be used, instead of an integrated, fixed hanger, it that it could be modified to accommodate up to three hangers: jacket, trouser, and shirt. This design would also allow our hangers to be used (key feature), as I strictly support a one-size-doesn't-fit-all approach to hangers. ;)

Secondary fixtures will need to be integrated that can accommodate ties and belts. I'm working on updating the drawings. Also looking into some other design notes. Need to synthesize and re-post here.

17. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

I love some of the ideas. Using sized hangers would be fantastic. The designs are nice but I'd prefer a more open design with the hanging space up front and center; with smaller drawers and trays along the sides. I've also thought that a couple removable trouser bars would be a nice feature … kinda like AE/Woodlore's pant trolley. Just food for thought. Great work!

18. sridhar3

sridhar3 Senior member

Holy shit, Talarico umbrellas...

19. jsherman02

jsherman02 Senior member

Just wanted to give an update. Kirby had the items shipped next day and really came through for me. I really appreciate the response I received as well as the items! Thanks Kirby.

20. SmileForum

SmileForum Senior member

Just found about you guys had a page on SF. Any chance we'll be able to buy in smaller quantities in the future? sucks that I have to buy more than one or two hangers.