1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 26, 2008.

1. JL724

JL724 Senior member

I wanted to thank Kirby for yet another seamless transaction. I have about two dozen suit and jacket hangers that I have been more then happy with and decided to convert all of my shirt hangers to Kirby's products. 45 hangers showed up today and I couldn't be more impressed. The finish and quality on them is just as good as the suit hangers and they fit my shirts perfectly; no more hanger shoulder or creases. My only issue is that I don't have enough room in my closet to hang my pants vertically, so I can't purchase his clamping trouser hangers.

Thanks again Kirby, looking forward to placing my next order.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  2. kirbya

kirbya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

3. JPHardy

JPHardy Senior member

After a long week, nothing like coming home to a package from Hanger Project.

A few staples and some treats.

See you Sunday.

4. Artking3

Artking3 Senior member

Rats, missed last Shoe Shine Sunday.

5. Artking3

Artking3 Senior member

I have the exact first 2 pairs of Carmina shoes. Scary.

6. david3558

david3558 Senior member

And I have his watch/strap combo :satisfied:

7. biged781

biged781 Senior member

Just got my first shipment of jacket and shirt hangers. Beautiful as expected. My only regret is that I didn't order more. Luckily, I can fix that...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  8. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

Any update on when the Saphir Suede Renovateur will be back in stock? I've been waiting for that for months. Thanks.

9. stevent

stevent Senior member

'

Yeah need the saphir sprays as well

10. JPHardy

JPHardy Senior member

A bit under the weather today, but some quick pics for S*3

Water bead test on suede. Looks like these will start the year with a little more protective spray.

[​IMG]

Used the Saphir Pate de Luxe on the edging. I thing this is my new product for the edges.

[​IMG]

Using my new horned back suede brush. It is smaller than I expected, but pleasantly so, as it can be part of my travel kit.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. sridhar3

sridhar3 Senior member

Shoes were desperately in need of a shine. Haven't given them TLC in about a month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  12. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

The girl is sick so it was a long and boring Sunday. She was willing to hold up a boot that I shined for her though. :)

Yes I used Reno on all of these and the wallet....I want this book. :embar:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

You polished your Sperrys and some plain white sneakers? :puzzled:

14. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

They are made of leather, I used reno not wax.

1 person likes this.
  15. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Fair enough. It's just the sheen from the polish seems incongruous with the casual nature of those shoes. Plus, I think most would say sneakers look better broken-in and with a few scuffs for character, not to mention they probably won't last long enough anyway to make condition/polishing the leather worthwhile. But hey, I like taking care of my stuff too, so more power to ya. :nodding:

16. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

Over the last few weeks, I picked up the Saphir Reno'Mat, Renovateur, Pommadier Cream Shoe Polish, and Pate de Luxe Wax Shoe Polish from The Hanger Project.

I have a pair of Allen Edmonds Delrays in the Brown Burnished Calf color that I decided to treat properly. As a graduate student, I don't wear dress shoes often. I've only worn these out once and several times around the house to break in and try on other clothes. They have one coat of AE Brown Premium Polish. I was never impressed with the AE Premium Polish on my Malverns, so I started from scratch.

[​IMG]

I used the mahogany color as recommended on Kirby's blog to match brown burnished calf. It's mostly brown with some red. This pic might make it look a little more purplish than in reality, but it's close.

[​IMG]

First, a pic of the shoes when they started. All these pics were taken with a flash and I did my best to correct the color.

[​IMG]

Throughout the process, I followed Kirby's instructions on the Presidential Shoe Shine blog entry.

After applying Reno'Mat. I was worried for a little bit that I'd been too agressive with it. The shoes end up a very flat, lifeless color.

[​IMG]

After applying Renovateur.

[​IMG]

Three coats of Pommadier Cream Shoe Polish.

[​IMG]

And finally, three coats of Pate de Luxe Wax Shoe Polish.

[​IMG]

I thought the mahogany was a perfect match for brown burnished calf. With more time I think I could make them look even better. My other dress shoes will definitely be getting the Saphir treatment, starting with my Malverns next week, then Leeds when it's time to go back into uniform. Thanks Kirby!

1 person likes this.
  17. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Great job, saphir products are brilliant

18. denning

denning Senior member

Just received the grey pearl cufflinks I'm giving to my brother for his wedding. Gorgeous. Positively gorgeous. Kirby, you've made me a customer for life.

[​IMG]

19. gsgleason

gsgleason Senior member

I just wanted to say that I've ordered from the hanger project (saphir products) and everything was great. I will certainly order again in the future. I found the detailed instructions and articles the key difference between this and other sites, so this is where I ordered.

When products come from a good site with lots of useful free information, I am inclined to order from them rather than others.

20. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

those links are amazing