Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 26, 2008.
God those are amazing and what a deal. Too bad i've spent enough already in the past week.
Received my order today, very quick shipping! I can't stop looking at this 7 inch shoe horn. Truly beautiful.
Just placed my first ever order! Can't wait to get it!
does the free shipping offer apply to purchases to canada? i am interested in buying 2 sets of hangers and i see shipping is $25 to my place. would be nice if the shipping offer applied to us canadians since we always seem to get shafted by shipping when buying from the US.
edit, nvm, just scrolled up and saw the cyber monday sale is over. was really considering trying these wide hangers.
another edit, seems there is a "StyleForum" code for 10% off. To be thorough, is that the latest one? are there any better ones?
I just might end up getting these hangers after all.
My order of Saphir products showed up yesterday. I used some Renovateur and cordovan cream on my pair of old Florsheims...I should have done this a long time ago! Next up, some new hangers perhaps...
I'm excited to announce the launch of our new Palatino Italian Socks. I am a huge shoe fan, which, by proxy, makes me a big fan of socks. I've been working on this project for almost a year (on and off) and very satisfied with our results.
A few opinions serve as the foundation of this new product:
1. Men should accessorize their socks like they do their ties. If you are like me and wear jeans most days, you probably don't have many opportunities to wear your favorite ties. So, instead, accessorize your socks! I am of the opinion that a man can never have socks in too many colors.
2. A sock should fit like a glove. If you are wearing nice shoes, they most likely (should) fit snug. A thick cotton sock only gets in the way, causing the shoe not to fit comfortably, creating clammy feet, and, wrinkling, which can cause discomfort. One (or three) sizes do not fit most.
3. Great dress socks are THIN and breathe. The higher the yarn quality, the thinner the sock should become. You know when you are wearing incredible socks because they practically disappear once you put them on.
4. It's impossible to find great mid-calf socks! There are plenty of people selling incredible over-the-calf socks, but where do you go for a great mid-calf sock of the same or higher quality? Again, to Point #1, I am not wearing dress slacks every day... yet I still need a mid-calf sock that feels great and is available in interesting colors (points 1, 2, and 3).
Our Palatino Socks are kitted in Rome, at a small, factory run by two brothers dedicated to producing uncompromising socks. Palatino is small enough to avoid some of the mass-market, global pressures "to innovate" placed on larger firms that result in mediocre or un-purposeful socks. I like to think of Palatino as one of the last artisan producers of fine men's hosiery.
Although their brand is not well-known, Palatino supplies socks to some of the most-respected fashion houses, including Tom Ford, Christian Dior, Berluti, Bergdorf Goodman, Paul Stuart, and Drakes of London.
What we created:
1. Both Mid-Calf and OTC Lengths Available using the same, incredibly-high quality standards. We have your OTC socks for when you wear dress slacks. But we also have mid-calf socks, made using the exact same materials, for when you are wearing a pair of jeans or casual slacks. No longer must you compromise on the quality of your casual, mid-calf socks.
2. Knitted using the finest Egyptian Makò Cotton. Not just high quality, but fine, long threads that create a super-thin sock that breathes well, is incredibly soft, does not make sweaty feet, and will not pile. These socks almost disappear once you put them on your feet. They're incredible.
3. Available in SIX (6) Sizes! My entire company is based on the philosophy that one size does not fit all! Your socks should fit like gloves, and ours will. Each size is indicated in the length of the sock in inches. Simply measure your foot to the nearest half-inch and be prepared for your world to change. A perfect fit prevents bunching, which can cut off circulation and lead to tremendous discomfort throughout the day.
4. Available in up to 13 colors, Again, accessorize your socks like you do your ties. Mid-Calf is available in 13 colors. OTC in 7. You can't wear navy, brown, and black every day.
5. Hand-Finished Linking. For added comfort, the seams at the heel and toes are hand-linked to create smooth seams.
6. Reinforced Toes and Heels. For added durability where the sock needs it most, a third yarn is added. This helps prevent against one's toenails from wearing holes into the sock.
These are now available. $32 for OTC and $29 for Mid-Calf. Discounts for 6 or more pairs.
I set out to create an incredible cotton sock. One so light that it practically disappears on your foot. I chose
Free Holiday Shipping on orders over $50 until Dec 22... no promo needed.
Received a few orders of the Trouser Hangers Kirby and I have to say, they have transformed my closet.
Thanks for creating such a great product!
edit: nvm the question was answered on the previous 2 pages if canadians got free shipping - which is no we don't.
Is there a code or something to get the discount on the socks (discount for buying multiple pairs)? I have 13 pair in my cart, go all the way through checkout, and do not see any discount.
I'm having trouble getting the discount to apply in our system... place your order and email me. I'm currently applying the discounts through a back-end discount.
This is the first time we've ever offered any type of quantity discount, so there are some tech issues I'm working through. I can get the discount to apply if six of the same size & color are added, but the system is not recognizing the discount for multiple socks across different colors and styles... TMI.
Any idea when the Saphir Super Invulner is going back in stock?
Great question. I'm hoping for early next year. Saphir has asked me to put in a PO for several hundred of each SKU in order for them to spend the money to relabel the cans... I think I'll pull the trigger, but I'm just not sure about having 1,200 sprays hanging around (Saphir Renovating Spray: Neutral, Black, Brown + Super Invulner).
But I'm working to bring them!
for the canadians that have ordered (or at least ones in Toronto, Canada).
Any of you get hit by brokerage fees?
Think i'll probably go with USPS since fees are usually cheaper but my order is around $500 so if anyone has had experience, please share!
Separate names with a comma.