1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 26, 2008.

1. kirbya

kirbya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We've never heard anyone complain about USPS. They're probably your best bet.

If your order were over $1,000, I'd say we could ship UPS / FedEx Canada Consolidated. More reliable and with tracking, but the customs can sometimes be higher.

2. kyojura

kyojura Member

order placed. Though I don't think the 12 socks I ordered had the 10% discount so i'll email you the order ID.

Guess i'll post back if theres any brokerage fees but as an experienced online shopper I would not be surprised If i got them, that is just the way of life for us canadians.

3. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

is there a free shipping code to redeem the free shipping offers on the banners ads here?

4. kirbya

It's possible that any additional discount codes knock out the Free Shipping (technology issue we've been unable to solve for some time). Just pay for shipping, respond to the order confirmation, and request that we refund it.

5. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

is free shipping available on any $ amount?

6. kirbya

On orders $50 or greater...

7. sridhar3

sridhar3 Senior member

Already bought stuff from KA/Hanger Project few months ago, but forgot to sub the thread. Great site.

8. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

thanks kirby. i'll hook up an order soon, but you might want to update your banner as it just says "free shipping until dec 22" which had me confused and searching for a code hah.

9. kirbya

Sorry for the confusion but thanks for reaching out. Especially to our StyleForum members, whose support and business I value tremendously, we try to be accommodating in every respect.

10. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

no problems kirbs, i like your tutorials and posts on the site, really helpful. i'm going to pick up some sapphire.

11. kirbya

As everyone on our email list already knows, we're currently running a Twelve Days of Christmas email campaign showcasing unique products we've sourced especially for the holidays.

Anyway, one of the items we just added are some Ettinger Bridle Leather wallets that are absolutely spectacular. Thought you all might be interested.

[​IMG]

A customer recently was chatting with me through the website about his thinking on wallets. Although the stock Ettinger wallet is absolutely beautiful, he brought up a few really interesting points.

1. He hates bulky stuff in his pockets. I do, also, which is why I use a money clip instead of a wallet (although I'll probably take one of the Navy wallets for myself after the holidays). He suggested modifying this wall to not include the internal money divider in order to make this wallet even slimmer. I totally agree - great idea.

2. He recommended adding the wallet in RED because it's the best way to get a waiter's attention when you need the check and want to leave. Again, I totally agree. I would have never otherwise considered a red wallet, but with this narrative, I might just end up with one soon.

3. He uses a different, even slimmer wallet formally. Fascinating. Again, I've never thought of using more than one wallet. Normally if I'm going out formally, I'll just take my drivers license, AMEX, and a few 20's and stick them in my pocket. But he has a totally second wallet for this purpose.... which made me think... what is the perfect "formal" wallet? Criteria would be as slim as possible.

So, this has ignited my interest in collaborating with Ettinger to develop a custom wallet(s). Any additional suggestions?

12. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

I'll post my brelio cordovan wallet for suggestions. Check it out, their cardholder wallets are perfect fOr what your described

13. Don L

Don L Senior member

14. sridhar3

sridhar3 Senior member

I can definitely vouch for the quality of Ettinger stuff. I got an Ettinger x Saira Hunjan oxblood wallet, card holder, flask and keyring a few months ago, and all of them are awesome.

15. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Kirby, glad I looked at your thread today. This is actually something I've been searching for. First, I completely agree with both you and your customer. I hate bulky wallets, and I have taken to use a slim card holder and carrying cash separately.

I'd add these comments:
    1. I travel a lot, and I've taken to the habit of only carrying things in my front pockets for security reasons. So for me, a full sized cash-carrying wallet is too big.

2. I also use different wallets for different purposes. Part of this has come about because, in my search for what I want, I've purchased a few and have extras to do this with. Mine are split roughly between home and travel us.

3. The most important features to me are the ability to carry two to three credit cards in easily accessible slots, a bank card in a hidden pocket, and an ID (driver's licence) in an easily accessible outside slot pocket. To me, the gold standard for this type of wallet is the Louis Vuitton Pocket Organizer. A friend had one, and instead of buying one myself (as I should have), I've been trying to replicate it.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.louisvuitton.com/front/#...ducts/Pocket-Organizer-DAMIER-GRAPHITE-N63075

4. I had a custom wallet made by Nicholas Hollows (on this site), using the LV as a model. It came out terrific Here are some pictures. It's much less formal than something you would make, I think. I would love to see a more formal version of this or something like the LV.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  16. Don L

Don L Senior member

Here is the Shell Cordovan wallet I recently got:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. kirbya

Gentlemen -

Thank you for posting pictures. I'd expecting nothing less from the men on this forum. :

kmdsimpson - for your travel wallet (the LV one) - is there anywhere for cash? Or would that be kept separately?

Honestly, I suppose that it isn't that important that something like this be able to carry cash. For one, cash is being used less and less. At most, I have a few 20's in my pocket. Second, if you really are trying to minimize the footprint of one's wallet, then you could always carry cash in separately altogether. Cash is really the bulkiest component of a wallet, yet it can be easily relocated to an independent pocket.

I think I am going to look into having the current style modified to remove the inner divider (pictured below):
    [​IMG]

And then look into having one similar to the LV Pocket Organizer recreated.

Let me know your thoughts...

18. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Kirby,

No room for cash. I carry it separately. I think the dimensions of a wallet that holds cash - not just thickness, but also width and height (usually in the 3" x 4" range) are too large. The LV Pocket Organizer is about the perfect size to fit into a front pocket. Or like the size that Don L posted, as well.

Just my personal preference.

19. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

Kirby,

Wanted to say that I received the Parker Razor I purchased and was very pleased with it! I was looking at this one for the longest time and this Parker has scratched the itch without the financial impact! For $30 plus shipping it was almost a steal!

Consequently, I was trying to leave a product review on your site and for some reason the review form refused to appear. I am not sure if it's working appropriately.

Just FYI and thanks again!

20. kirbya

MZHammer - I am happy that I was able to prevent you from wasting money on a $200 razor. It's sad what Gilette is doing to The Art of Shaving. I recently saw them release a vibrating badger brush?!? I mean, who was the marketing idiot (or genius) that thought of that! A vibrating badger brush -- like that's supposed to do anything.

A great example of how a multinational marketing conglomerate continues to sterilize the enjoyment of shaving.

Also - I do not see any pending reviews from you. Were you logged in when submitting? If you email me the review, I'll try to post it manually. I really appreciate you submitting a review! They are very helpful to us.