The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Senior member

Hi Kirby,

First, I apologize if this question has been asked before -- though, if it has, perhaps that bodes well for my thesis here.

At any rate, I've got 18.25" shoulders, and unfortunately, this presents a bit of a Goldilocks problem with the sizes of your suit and jacket hangers. The 18.5" model is too wide for my suits (I've tried), and I worry that the 17" model won't properly fill the shoulders. Do you have any plans to introduce an intermediate size between the Medium (17") and Large (18.5")? Maybe an 18", or an 18.25"?

I suspect that my shoulder size is pretty common. It tends to be the default shoulder size for garments ranging from 38 to 40, depending on the maker. So introducing an intermediate size might be filling a very real market need.

If you aren't planning to introduce any new sizes, which size hanger would you recommend? The 18.5" is obviously a bit large, and it is noticeably big on my jackets -- but if you don't think it'll do any harm, I guess I can manage.

Thanks!

2. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

I used the 'Canadian' product that I bought from Kirby on my leather suitcase. Worked great!

First I cleaned it with Saphir Saddle Soap.
    Then I gave it two treatments of Saphir Leather Lotion
    Finally - two coats of Canadian.

The Canadian product worked really well at covering minor scratches, etc. etc. And doesn't seem to be prone to rubbing off at all.

3. kirbya

kirbya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

4. kirbya

Jackie - Great question and one that we get all the time. With one's suit hangers, it is always better to be too small than too large. What you don't want is for the hanger to extend past the shoulder into the sleeve head, which will disrupt the drape of the sleeve and can damage the fabric. So, better to go with the 17.0" Width. Because the 2.5" shoulder flares are 5x larger than average hangers, all the extra shoulder support will render the small difference in width insignificant. Hope this helps. And always, if you get your hangers and are not happy with the size, we'll exchange them for free under our 100% Perfect Fit Guarantee.

5. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I wanted to place an order but then I got hit with the shipping :( does anyone know if they are going to have a free shipping promotion soon? In the past can you still use the AskAndy discount with the free shipping promotion?

6. kirbya

We are running a Father's Day promotion through the weekend with free shipping on orders over $50. Use promotional code FORDAD. It can be used with AskAndy.

7. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

THANKS!!

8. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

Does this include international shipping?

9. kirbya

Unfortunately not..it's just too much. But if you PM me, I can see if I can work something out to take off the edge.

10. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

How do I apply both codes? It seems to cancel one once I type the other code.

11. kirbya

Just pce your order and respond to te order confirmation. We'll adjust through a refund. I cannot figure of how to get the website to accept two codes...the joys of technology.

12. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

just made my first HP purchase. very pleased, great guys over there. keep up the great work fellas!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  13. AHS

AHS Senior member

Just called them. Kirby picked up, answered all my questions, offered some good advice, and took my order. Solid guy.

AHS

14. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I had the same problem

I will be emailing you soon, thanks

15. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

Just ordered some Saphir Renovateur and shoe polish, my first purchase. I'm going to add the italian shave set as well and hopefully combine the shipping as its quite high already. Very excited, I've heard great things about Saphir but also from Santa Maria Novella.