• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Haider Ackermann Thread

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a Haider piece without the material composition/care tags? I found this borago turtleneck at my local boutique at an insanely low price but it doesn’t have the care tags. Wondering if it’s legit.

View attachment 1666483

I have no Haider pieces without a care tag. I find it unlikely that a local boutigue has a fake, so my mind goes to sample piece first. Under different circumstances it could be a runway piece but I'm not sure if that one ever hit the runway. Maybe just ask them about it.

In any case if that knit doesn't shed an insane amount it's fake. : )

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
A lot of new Haider pieces coming to Yoox. I have access to their "secret" preview and noticed that even the FW14 reissue Perth sweats are available in a full size run. Only one piece of each size though.

13599350IH_14_f.jpg

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
is that the heat reissue?

Also saw the fw17 velvet hooded zip yesterday and it's already gone

I assume it's the heat reissue because I'm not familiar with any other reissue that looks exactly like it. This one looks like the original with the only difference being the distressed detailing near the hem isn't found on the issue whereas it is on the original.

That velvet zip up was a return, so keep an eye out for it in case this person returns it as well.

superpotato

Reaction score
I assume it's the heat reissue because I'm not familiar with any other reissue that looks exactly like it. This one looks like the original with the only difference being the distressed detailing near the hem isn't found on the issue whereas it is on the original.

That velvet zip up was a return, so keep an eye out for it in case this person returns it as well.
From my observation, the heat reissue didn't do that well, and those who copped are trying to get rid of them, which might explain the full size run

Didn't know that it was a return, never saw it before. When did you last see it?

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
From my observation, the heat reissue didn't do that well, and those who copped are trying to get rid of them, which might explain the full size run

Didn't know that it was a return, never saw it before. When did you last see it?

The retail price for the Heat version was £740 which is way more than even the velvet moonshape perth trousers (£595) I posted a little while back. That's a bit extortionate for a cotton sweatpant in my opinion.

Had to be like a month ago? I know from personal experience Yoox is awful at putting stuff back up when they have items back in their warehouse so it usually takes a while.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pretty good chance they’ll all reappear after the current sale. It’s one of those things yoox does.

happyriverz

Reaction score
Yoox currently has this shearling-lined cotton canvas jacket for a decent deal (with the 20% off discount): HAIDER ACKERMANN Bomber - Men HAIDER ACKERMANN Bombers online on YOOX United States - 16015620TF

I ordered the size Small but it was too big on me, even with the intended oversized silhouette -- I have an XS on the way and hoping that it works on me.

The jacket is otherwise very good: solid cotton canvas on one side, fully reversible to show the shearling side. Size Small could probably work for someone who is taller and/or has broader shoulders than I do (for reference, I'm 5'7 and has a normal build). If the XS doesn't work out, then there should be a full run of sizes -- I can't imagine the size Medium not working for anyone unless that person is 7 feet tall.

16015620TF_14_e.jpg

So I got the exchanged size XS this morning -- the length and the body width are much better on my frame than the size S, but unfortunately the shoulders are still a touch too extended for my frame. I end up looking like like I'm wearing a goose suit from the little buff boys sketch on I Think You Should Leave. I just don't have the shoulders to make this more natural, which is unfortunate because it is otherwise a really good piece.

If anyone is interested in the XS, this should pop back up on Yoox in a couple of weeks.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
So I bought this yellow perth hoodie from Yoox (it's from that Heat drop) because I own the perth biker sweatpants in this color as well but this hoodie is disappointing. It's quite thin with a very tight neck for some reason. No full kit wanker for me.

12594934QG_14_f.jpg

I also bought that double layer sweater from the Heat reissue and this one is an absolute keeper without a doubt.
Schermafbeelding 2021-09-25 om 09.11.31.png

superpotato

Reaction score
So I got the exchanged size XS this morning -- the length and the body width are much better on my frame than the size S, but unfortunately the shoulders are still a touch too extended for my frame. I end up looking like like I'm wearing a goose suit from the little buff boys sketch on I Think You Should Leave. I just don't have the shoulders to make this more natural, which is unfortunate because it is otherwise a really good piece.

If anyone is interested in the XS, this should pop back up on Yoox in a couple of weeks.
The shoulders are meant to be really dropped for this jacket. From your comments, I feel like you're just not really into the drop shoulder slouchy look. Also, I have no idea how you can size down so much...I'm 5'10 and 150lbs, took a medium, and actually find the shoulders and back a bit restricting.

superpotato

Reaction score
So I bought this yellow perth hoodie from Yoox (it's from that Heat drop) because I own the perth biker sweatpants in this color as well but this hoodie is disappointing. It's quite thin with a very tight neck for some reason. No full kit wanker for me.

View attachment 1674822

I also bought that double layer sweater from the Heat reissue and this one is an absolute keeper without a doubt.
View attachment 1674825
I feel like all perth hoodies have a tight neck

hennree

Reaction score
I got ^that double layer recently, too, it is really nice.

Also just got the perth sweatpants from yoox, not sure if I'm gunna keep or not though

hennree

Reaction score
Also, did anyone here buy the XS chenille pants w/piping down the side from yoox? If yes, and you don't like them, lmk :)

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I feel like all perth hoodies have a tight neck

This is the only hoodie I tried unfortunately (EDIT: This is actually not true, I forgot that I have another Haider hoodie and the neck is fine). I have multiple sweaters and even a women's perth one but have never seen a neck this tight. I wouldn't mind it if it was sturdier because then it can stretch out over time but because it's thin material it's not a good combo and I don't like living in fear so I just returned it.

Also just got the perth sweatpants from yoox, not sure if I'm gunna keep or not though

I'm assuming you're talking about the grey reissue sweatpants (man, I hate that everything is called perth in the Haider world)? The thing I dislike is that the drawstrings aren't on the outside. As much as I love old Haider I feel like he improved on the sweatpants in that regard later on.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads