• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Haider Ackermann Thread

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@stix222
It was spring/summer 2016
Iirc it’s a garment dye not a stone wash.
there were a bunch of Perth sweats and hoodiesin blue and black and grey garment wash.

3CBF28DF-30BA-45B6-8498-D129B52DCE31.jpeg

23E206A8-218C-48F6-8A4F-81368DDD0ACE.jpeg

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
009__LUC1557.jpg

Picked up this bomber. I've wanted a Haider bomber for years and after seeing this for an insane price I had to scoop it up. Let's just hope I like the fit.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
How're you planning on wearing it?

Cropped trousers without a doubt. I think white shirts will look really good with it. Definitely some light colors. For footwear I think boots will do the trick, although I need some loafers and laced shoes in the future. But I need to have it in hand first to really see how it fits on me and what will look best with it.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Haider bombers are very cool, but often very particular in shape. Cropped and boxy for the ones I have tried. Some thought needs to go into the styling.

Sure, we'll see when it comes in. It's gonna be fun at least.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anybody have any idea what’s going on with Haider?
The webstore has been down for months, he didn’t show anything for SS21.
I had heard some rumblings early in the pandemic that he was shutting down but I figured that was bullshit, it wasn’t from what I would call reliable people and he’s independent and widely adored so I’d think people would be lining up to invest if he wanted to go that route. Unless he’s just over it and wants to do something else but I didn’t get that vibe either?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fuuuuck
I wonder why I thought he was still independent? This sucks if Haider goes under.
I guess not:

You are also the owner of the Haider Ackermann label. A few months ago it sounded that you wanted to sell that too.
Chapelle: “We have not reached an agreement on that.”

Because that brand is too difficult financially?
Chapelle: ‘Haider Ackermann is a popular name, but sales are not going along. I did everything I could to include the label in the deal, but it didn’t work out. There are other conversations going on, but you have to find someone who wants to invest in a start-up, as it were, who wants to root for new growth. ‘

And if you don’t find it, will Haider Ackermann survive?
Chapelle: ‘I have to look at the numbers, and today I am recording a mega loss with the brand. You can plan your expenses very carefully, if your income is halved, partly because a number of large customers go bankrupt, you cannot just straighten that out. ‘
‘Added to this is the crisis in the retail trade. I don’t see online sales growing as fast as the rate at which retail is disappearing. Yet I believe that contact in the store will continue to prevail over time, especially for brands that rely on a story. It is a special moment. Will online save everything? That is wishful thinking in this industry. ‘

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In case anyone is interested in the article:

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Very unfortunate, yeah. Can't really complain since I'm technically part of the problem, to be fair. I only ever buy Haider on very deep sale since the retail prices are often ridiculous.

stix222

Reaction score
Haider could move into any fashion house and shake things up. I just hope he can remain semi-independent.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Nice podcast with Haider I listened to recently.

It's on Youtube as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads