• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Haider Ackermann Thread

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
hey everyone

quick question

is there more than one reissue of the velvet bomber jacket?

I’ve seen some with a numerical size tag & black lining & some with S / M / L size tag & red lining

any info would be appreciated

superpotato

Reaction score
hey everyone

quick question

is there more than one reissue of the velvet bomber jacket?

I’ve seen some with a numerical size tag & black lining & some with S / M / L size tag & red lining

any info would be appreciated

I was only aware of two reissues: one in 2019 by Autograph (located in UK) and then the recent collab with heat.

Tbh, I question the legitimacy of the ones by autograph...i talked to autograph's owner at the time about it and he said he paid a lot for the deal to rerelease the velvet bombers through his store.

Even though many say there's little to no difference between the og and the reissue, imo the reissue just dont have the flow and drape of the og. Also, the direction of the zips of the chest pockets is different from the og which really destroys the overall silhouette of the reissue imo

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
thank you for that

is the bomber too oversized? like, if I am typically a true M would the S work?

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
thank you both - highly appreciated!

I also found this vid

dude is 6ft 200 pounds & got the XL

I don’t want it to be (too) cropped so now I’m thinking an L wouldn’t be too crazy for me

wish I could find an M but only S & L out there

eremita

Reaction score
Hey all, huge Haider Ackermann fan here, he’s my favourite. I (a woman) am eyeing some men’s bombers online and wondered whether anyone could comment on the sizing - I typically take an IT40/US4/FR36, am tall and thin. Would a men’s xs fit? Or is there great variance in the fit of his bombers generally speaking?

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
well I just got the velvet - decided to go with the S (I am typically a male M & couldn’t find it at a reasonable price in that size) as suggested by this group

and

it fits!!

a little bit smaller would have been a problem (for me) but it worked - when closed the waist is a little bit tight without being uncomfortable, but a lot of room in the shoulder / back panel area

I would say that at least that one is TTS but can also work in some cases sizing down one size if you want a more fitted look

open it feels perfect

hope that helps a bit & thanks everyone with guidance

Hanni

Reaction score
Hey everybody!
I'm new to the forum but had to post about this!
I received these Lilac Slade boots from a Ssense, and I might be obsessed now. I think these boots really showcase the savoir-faire Haider acquired about footwear at Berluti!
To feed my new addiction, I've been looking for every other color way of the boot. I already ordered the white pair from Ssense as well, but would really love to get the red pair and the black pair. Anybody knows of another retailer who carry these? They seem like unicorns

Attachments

• tempImage2WtQps.png
    tempImage2WtQps.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 92

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Hey everybody!
I'm new to the forum but had to post about this!
I received these Lilac Slade boots from a Ssense, and I might be obsessed now. I think these boots really showcase the savoir-faire Haider acquired about footwear at Berluti!
To feed my new addiction, I've been looking for every other color way of the boot. I already ordered the white pair from Ssense as well, but would really love to get the red pair and the black pair. Anybody knows of another retailer who carry these? They seem like unicorns

Great pickups, they're absolutely beautiful and I've been eyeing the same ones for a long time.

You're right, they seem very rare. I've seen the black ones on Farfetch a couple weeks ago, but they're sold out there as well. Haven't been able to find them anywhere else.

superpotato

Reaction score
Great pickups, they're absolutely beautiful and I've been eyeing the same ones for a long time.

You're right, they seem very rare. I've seen the black ones on Farfetch a couple weeks ago, but they're sold out there as well. Haven't been able to find them anywhere else.

yea cant find them anywhere...the only place I think that might have them later down the line is yoox

Hanni

Reaction score

don't understand why more retailers haven't picked them for their inventory, due to the universally beautiful shape:/ I understand the steep price can turn some off, but they're sold out so there's obviously demand.
There's some great pairs on grilled, but none with the zipped opening. I'll post links on the thread if I find any and if there's interest

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So Haider is now CD at Maison Ullens...
Which as far as I can tell is womenswear and mostly knitwear. I’d legitimately never heard of the brand until last week when the announced it.
On the plus side: Haider is still working and designing.
mom the bad side: it’s more bad news for his namesake and even more bad if they don’t plan on adding menswear to the lineup.

On an unrelated note.
I’ve got a viscose ss shirt from SS18 for sale if anybody is interested. size large. NWOT.

I bought the “suit” but only really wanted the pants and this ended up being too small anyway.
If anybody is interested let me know.
F65DB3F7-EFB4-470C-8891-61309DEB4FC1.jpeg

More pics below.
40726152-2429-45D9-B845-B1170EF00144.jpeg
645CB1B2-9EDB-4653-B1B2-388B173D66BC.jpeg

6514EB60-9581-45E7-AA37-CEF0DF953FC0.jpeg

F5B7EC6D-6804-4979-A532-F8C89AF2CA22.jpeg

Attachments

• E9C386ED-493D-428F-996F-9F621C83C12D.jpeg
    E9C386ED-493D-428F-996F-9F621C83C12D.jpeg
    240.9 KB · Views: 270

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don’t know...
it’s a Belgian company, so maybe he has connections to somebody else at the label through his Antwerp schooling.
its womenswear and that’s what he’s spent most of his career designing. And with his namesake label still in hiatus / shuttered and looking for a buyer he needs some kind of outlet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads