1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Great 2012 Presidential Race Style Thread!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MrDaniels, Aug 21, 2012.

1. pendragon

pendragon Senior member

I've been watching the coverage of both conventions on all the cable channels, and have found the sartorial standards have been very high. I can't think of any names offhand, but all of the commentators & pols have been showing some style.

2. StumpjumperE

StumpjumperE Senior member

Lawrence O'Donnell (political commentator) appeared to be wearing a suit with absolutely zero shoulder padding the other night. Looked pretty good to me.

3. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

So last night...

I have to wonder: Do the campaigns talk to each other to decide who gets the blue tie and who gets the red tie for each debate?

And based on the news this morning, it looks to me that Ryan has gone from 4IH to Half Windsor to Full Windsor. Or maybe today he was just using a rather thick tie (thought I don't think one can get those at Walmart where he seems to get most of his clothes).

4. Ivar

Ivar Senior member

If some rotund friend of yours ever considers the narrow lapel look, point him to this picture. It's worth a thousand words.

5. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Is that one word per pound?

6. Ivar

Ivar Senior member

7. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

You consider that to be a narrow lapel?

8. Ivar

Ivar Senior member

Relative to the shoulder width, yes.

9. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Poor Paul Ryan....called out by a fellow Republican of questionable orientation...

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

And in case anyone has missed the recently-reelected Aaron Schock's fashion choices...

[​IMG]