1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The gratuitous cussing thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nantucket Red, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

If you're like me, you've been minding your manners and holding your tongue over at Andy's, and though my cup of gratitude to Andy overfloweth, I've missed the freedom to interject the strategic and emphatic swear now and then.

Now I feel the need for a sort of primal scream of cussing of the shitpisscuntfuckcocksuckermotherfuckerandtits variety.

Here goes:

Jesus-jumpin' bald-headed Christ on a fuckin' pogo stick, I'm so goddamned glad I can fucking swear again. Hot diggity-fucking-dog!

Fuckity fuck fuck fucking fuck!

Look, I wrote FUCK, not f***.

SHIT . . . Holy shit, it says shit!

Cunt! Hot cunting damn!

Well, spank my ass and call me George, that felt good and now it's out of my system.

We now return to your normally scheduled civility.

2. Arethusa

Arethusa Distinguished Member

I just ignored the filters and got around them and no one seemed to be too bothered. Well, not by that, anyway.

3. dusty

dusty Distinguished Member

Several months ago

j: Should we prohibit swearing on the forum?
    Forum: Nah dog, we're mature about it.

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Haha. I didn't realize there were filters on AAAC, and that's unusual because in real life I cuss like a drunken sailor.

I like your new SN Nantucket

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Haha. I didn't realize there were filters on AAAC, and that's unusual because in real life I cuss like a drunken sailor.

I like your new SN Nantucket

So do I (swear like a sailor), and I think that j. has admitted to as much. To prohibit cuss words here would seem hypocritical, and I think that people should be free to speak (write?) whatever they want. As long as there are no ad hominem attacks or threads title "What the fuck? This shit is wack!" I'm going to leave stuff alone. Wow, Nantucket, you really built up some steam in the past month, huh?

6. ATM

ATM Senior Member

Filters are complete fucking bullshit.

You're right, that does feel good.

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

I am so damn happy I can go back to saying whatever the fuck I want regarding the retarded Trad's over on AA. Hijos de su reputisima madre que los recontra mil pario!

Jon.

8. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

I am so damn happy I can go back to saying whatever the fuck I want regarding the retarded Trad's over on AA.
    Why is everyone so mad at the trads? They are harmless. There are a lot of anger-worthy people out there. The trads would not seem to be among them.

9. Arethusa

Arethusa Distinguished Member

The trads are annoying. But I'll hang with them long before I'm cool with the guy who wanted to beat someone up for wearing sweats in his precious groccery store or the Ayn Rand/Poor People Suck Because They're Poor Legion.

10. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

I don't get this. We're all a little "odd," right? I mean, anyone who talks about clothes on the Internet has a screw loose. So why are guys who like sack suits and repp ties any worse than the rest of us?

I agree that people who threaten violence over clothes need help.

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I don't get this. We're all a little "odd," right? I mean, anyone who talks about clothes on the Internet has a screw loose. So why are guys who like sack suits and repp ties any worse than the rest of us? I agree that people who threaten violence over clothes need help.
    Well. I think that it's a matter of degree. I see the Trads as the sartorial equivalent of members of the SCA, and the rest of us as run of the mill nerds. [​IMG] On the other hand, the guy (Albert?) who was considering some "minor physical force" against someone in Fortnums in a sweatsuit should probably consider some sort of Anger Addicts support group [​IMG] Let's still remember that we owe Andy, though, okay? (Although he seems to be slightly annoyed with Trads as well, segregating them as he has.)

12. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

I did not mean to disparage Andy or the Trads in any way. There are many things I love about AAAC and I intend to continue participating in the discussions there. I find the war with the Trads extremely tedious. Disparaging people for their choice of clothing is not a terribly noble pursuit and does nothing to establish the assumed superiority of the assailant's style. There is a time and a place for heaping abuse on others and it's called Chavscum.

I was rather celebrating something I love about Style Forum, which is a certain freedom of expression, at least with regard to foul language. We've decided that it has its place and is better left uncensored. I've observed a certain tone of propriety over at AAAC. I respect that and abide by its spirit. It's actually something I like about Andy's (for the record).

I just felt like tearing off all my clothes, jumping up and down and turning a few cartwheels, so to speak. It's nice to be home!

13. AustinShowers

AustinShowers Member

14. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Distinguished Member

holy damn!

[​IMG]

15. Sevcom

Sevcom Senior Member

That is the greatest sight my eyes have seen in the past couple of days.