• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The General Lookbook Appreciation Thread

jaaz16

Reaction score
Monitaly F/W 21, with Yuki himself modeling a a few looks.

Also including Grandma's knitted sweaters in white, black, and yellow.

03-50,-Capture0580.jpeg

goalaso

Reaction score
Nice one from Rochas aw19, I like the texture and drape on that silk velvety sea green overcoat

https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2019-menswear/rocha
00027-rochas-homme-paris-fall-19.jpg
Can anyone recommend a way to actually find and purchase this Rochas coat? I've written a few of the sites where it was listed (all in Europe or Japan) and have not gotten a response? I'm new to buying things of this quality, and feel like there is some secret I haven't figured out about how to access the items... Any tips much appreciated, especially with reference to this particular coat. Thanks

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rochas mens is generally hard to find. They only launched in 2017 and then once they finally started picking up steam they suspended the menswear side as Covid hit.
Im not sure if they have even relaunched yet (or plan to).
Outside of the boutiques there’s only a small amount of stockists I’ve ever found and a few of them stopped carrying it after 1-2 seasons (Matches, Moda etc), likely due to Covid.
i really liked what Curradi did with it, but as far as I know he had already exited when it was suspended so I don’t know what direction it would go now. But long story short I think there wasn’t much production for the men’s side as it was a new venture and hadn’t fully ramped up yet.
I have a couple of things from AW18 through AW19, only 3 seasons but it was all very very nice and there were more things I wanted but never tracked down.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael Bastian for brooks brothers, feels very RL

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Feels very Michael Bastian. Looking at all the popped collars and pushed sleeves is giving me war flashbacks.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

yea feels RL to me, the jacket still looks Milano to me, guess no new mode on that front yet

blackcheer

Reaction score
I'm still trying to wrap my head around how Snow Peak feels like RL

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If you go back and look at literally any of Michael’s fall lookbooks these images would drop right in. Only thing that is missing is the model John Esposito. There is no way Michael didn’t style this himself.

blackcheer

Reaction score
I see a multigenerational group of East or possibly Southeast Asians wearing neutral-toned understated technical clothing appropriate to the climate and their activity. No americana. No wild west. No suits. No ivy league. No upper class sports. No polo. A single denim shirt but it's not indigo. A single pair of denim jeans on one of the kids but styled loose and stacked.

Not trolling you here. I just don't see it. Feel free to show me examples of how they're similar. I am curious

You don't get a RL vibe when you see this?

236826224_2943491972529526_736462587748275473_n-1-jpg.1654615

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey @sipang
A while ago in discord we talked about the guy that used to do a lot of styling for Lemaire and Hed Mayner and some others and really defined that kind of look around ~8 years ago. Could you possibly remind me who that was?

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads