• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The General Lookbook Appreciation Thread

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the subject of Beams, styling and tailoring... This is purely anecdotal and only based on some light IG browsing but a little while ago I was struck by how the Beams people always seem to have a knack for putting together tailoring outfits with a twist --yes I know this sounds awful but here it's in the best way possible-- either by esoteric aesthetic mixes (Neapolitan tailoring, vintage French luxury, Americana,...), colors combinations but also more significantly by playing with the overall silhouette, adding bigger trousers etc

By all means nothing groundbreaking, and eclecticism is the name of the game right now so this hardly sounds noteworthy but for some reason these ppl have a way of doing it that seems at the same time dorkier and less forced if that makes sense.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think RL is just about being part of the leisure class. Large swaths of the fashion industry market you on that idea and they all have very different aesthetics. RL is about marketing a specific, idealized view of the American dream.

This is like saying REI and North Face are like Ralph Lauren, as Snow Peak is more comparable to those brands than RL.

Hmmm i don't find snow peak at all similar to north face.

True that a lot of brands do that but I get very similar aspirational vibe from snow peak as i do to RL. The not-really-caring, this is in our blood type thing. The japanese dream maybe?

Definitely felt it in the stores in japan too, was quite palpable.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm i don't find snow peak at all similar to north face.

True that a lot of brands do that but I get very similar aspirational vibe from snow peak as i do to RL. The not-really-caring, this is in our blood type thing.

Definitely felt it in the stores in japan too, was quite palpable.

I can’t speak to the “vibe” that they’re portraying, but I definitely think of Snow Peak as a gear company more than a lifestyle company. I’m sure that’s because my first exposure to them was through backpacking gear forums (I have and use several pieces of their titanium backpacking pieces). I am on the same page that they fit more in the REI bucket than the RL bucket.

for what it’s worth, I think North Face is now much more a lifestyle brand … I’m not even sure if they sell gear anymore.

maybe the better comparison for snow peak is Patagonia…more of a crossover than purely gear vs. lifestyle.

ilikethelights

Reaction score
I don't recall how I stumbled across them, but I bought a pair of pants from Nest Robe Confect earlier in the year and they're great. Been meaning to buy more. They had a NYC store they shipped from in the US but it closed in April I think.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
D4B5C654-9660-4298-B9EA-77C71FDB83ED.jpeg

C1B7A48B-A56D-4A6E-85B5-630754A1BDC1.jpeg

3720ADC1-D817-4F38-96BA-91EED4C6A5B6.jpeg

1BDCA0C4-2301-4381-B39A-62272FDCB518.jpeg

D4D3A081-0A2E-4615-ADB1-E1A8920F88FA.jpeg

FC2B1D2C-2125-4D1B-830B-4D5EFC47B5DE.jpeg

47ADDC6E-6D08-4A35-8CD7-F22FC6DC1654.jpeg

4C353BF1-B675-4D4C-B5F0-1B8C392952ED.jpeg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Tracksmith killing it as always. The patterns this go around are pretty out there, but there's a kind of tweed-ride absurdity that wraps back around to being cool again IMO. And a lot of the imagery here makes me very nostalgic for old HS CC days

View attachment 1660999

View attachment 1661001

View attachment 1661002
Tracksmith stuff is great. Looks good and performs well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads