• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The General Lookbook Appreciation Thread

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
the whole selling a dream of being in the leisure class thing. no judgement, it is what it is.
I don't think RL is just about being part of the leisure class. Large swaths of the fashion industry market you on that idea and they all have very different aesthetics. RL is about marketing a specific, idealized view of the American dream.

This is like saying REI and North Face are like Ralph Lauren, as Snow Peak is more comparable to those brands than RL.

NO MERCY

Reaction score
Pretty cool ^.
Where do i find mules like the ones they're wearing?
1629571710723.png

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always like Caruso styling. I don’t know if Aldo Maria Camillo is still running Caruso but I’m pretty sure he is and he’s been really killing it, even though I prefer his namesake label.
its all slimmer than the stuff I usually like but the styling is a nice casual tailoring and workwear vibe that I really dig.

it won’t let me post pics for some reason though.

Campaign:https://carusomenswear.com/pages/campaign-fw21-22

full looks: https://carusomenswear.com/collections/fall-winter-21-22

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually don't know what Visvim is for any more. I mean, it's okay, but they just seem to be throwing stuff together from other places and brands and hoping it works. Beams Plus are actually doing Visvim better than Visvim this year, by the look of it, and probably at 1/3 of the price...

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every brand thread I visit has a guy saying the brand was good back in 20?? And it’s never been the same since. Then I look at the stuff from that year and see that there are two or three things I love and the rest I can live without. This season of Vis is no different for me. Two or three things I’ll end up getting and the rest whatever.
Unless there’s a radical shift in aesthetic (as in recent Celine seasons) this suggests more to me about the posters changing tastes than anything to do with the brands themselves.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always like Caruso styling. I don’t know if Aldo Maria Camillo is still running Caruso but I’m pretty sure he is and he’s been really killing it, even though I prefer his namesake label.
its all slimmer than the stuff I usually like but the styling is a nice casual tailoring and workwear vibe that I really dig.

it won’t let me post pics for some reason though.

Campaign:https://carusomenswear.com/pages/campaign-fw21-22

full looks: https://carusomenswear.com/collections/fall-winter-21-22
I stopped by the Caruso booth this summer in Florence, and was really impressed. It’s a shame their stuff is generally overlooked, but there wasn’t one thing I wouldn’t wear in that booth, and some really nice casual jackets that I hope get produced.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The great formalisation of streetwear is upon us, saving tailoring from CM cold dead hands one suit (and coat) at the time!

I'd say the recent turn to casual from most big CM brands (the Cajturn as I like to call it) makes things even easier but even before that from a SWD standpoint all those CM brands and makers were criminally overlooked (construction, fabrics... quality)

Of course this only works because much of what's in favor on this side right now heavily leans toward some kind of opulent dressed down classic menswear thing and is pretty much solely a matter of styling very classic and correct things differently.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.