• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Future of Tailored Clothing

VegasRebel

Reaction score
An interesting article today about at least one prominent law firm offering permeant telecommuting positions as a method of attracting talent. This appears to be separate from a COVID policy - rather it's a recruitment tactic as there's a shortage of attorneys and a strong push for additional work from home. While this won't be adopted universally, I'd imagine a significant depression in need for 'work clothes' is coming for a fair number of attorneys.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/busin...-lawyers-they-can-work-from-home-indefinitely

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Permanent Style did an interesting piece on "cocktail attire". I love this concept.
https://www.permanentstyle.com/2021/12/cocktail-attire-an-appeal-for-a-new-type-of-evening-wear.html

Where I live, the women really know how to dress up. They say they would love for their guys to dress up more in order to make going out for dinner or parties extra special. I think this concept of "cocktail attire" would be ideal. Not black tie and not their former office clothing but rather something fresh that is clearly for socializing and having a good time (and doesn't look like Las Vegas club clothing).

VegasRebel

Reaction score
Found this gem in store today. Blazer hoodies, perhaps?

Attachments

• IMG_78231.jpg
    IMG_78231.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 445

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JC Penny's I think it was. I'm joking, I was just surprised it existed.
Yeah, I could tell you were joking. I'm also surprised it exists! :rotflmao:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the sort of headline goes viral on Twitter based on bad faith quote-tweets

OH YOU WANT PEOPEL TO DIE SO YOU CAN GET DRESSED UP???

I suppose so. Minus the fact that I doubt most twitter trolls have access to Rivet.

EDIT: Not that I know. I am not on the Twatter.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
we were just encouraged to go remote again through end of the month in light of the increased demand on testing for those who need to be on-site....not gonna lie, I was a bit bummed about not being able to rock my new Christmas stuff.

That being said, I am going to try and resist sliding immediately back into the sweatpants routine...I'll probably wont go as far as sport coats and ties (which are my usual office get up) but will shoot for something in between

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics