• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Frank Leder thread

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up the wool bomber from South Willard. Very warm and gets a lot of positive comments.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure if it's already been posted but South Willard's spring/summer buy is now up. The shirts look great.

Last edited:

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, I have been drooling over this stuff for the last week now. First, let me say that 189 and Neighbor have both been really cool to deal with and I am ordering something from both of them. Unfortunately, they are carrying a total of 3 shirts between them, so I am stuck pining over the S Willard collection. ($60 shipping to Europe + customs + not sure of my size = too big a hassle.) Are there any places in the EU other than 189 that will be carrying this stuff? Is there a flagship store in Germany to order from?

Has anyone tried the blue chequered shirt or any of the linen shirts at SW? I'm really worried about sizing. The measurements they sent me are hard to believe (19" shoulders on one medium shirt, 23" ptp on another.)

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stuff looks great, makes me want to break out the tailored stuff i have stashed away in my closet behind the raw denim and flannel shirts

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a shirt and a cardigan from 189. Fantastic looking stuff, especially the cardigan. Unfortunately, I got the wrong size in that and had to exchange. Here's the denim shirt. I think some of his shirts fit more TTS, but for these old style shirts prepare to size down like never before. Here's a small and there is plenty of room behind the shoulders for me and as you can see, the sleeves are way too long. For a reference I am a small in...well, nothing. I'm a L in Epaulet and WvG and dare I say an XL in BoO. This small fits like a true medium IMO.

Still waiting on more Euro stockists to pick up his collection...anyone? There's a ton of stuff I want, including these from Japan:

afc345

Reaction score
I'd say that shirt doesn't look too big on you at all. It could maybe look better once it's settled in and drapes a little better

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd say that shirt doesn't look too big on you at all. It could maybe look better once it's settled in and drapes a little better

I didn't word that very well. What I was saying is that it feels like a perfect fit, which is surprising to me because I never wear a small in anything. I couldn't believe the shoulders were roomy enough. The only problem is the sleeves, which I would have to have tailored.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Another brand South Willard carried first and everyone followed :lol:

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope you're right. So far I only see a few pieces available outside of SW.

Neighbour

Reaction score
We just received our delivery of Frank Leder. We started off with a few sizes and they will all be up online soon. In the meantime here are photos of the new styles...

Red Linen Shirt

Blue Cotton Jacket

Beige Linen Jacket

Blue Cotton Cardigan

We have sizes small through large available in each. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] for further info.

-Saager

Neighbour

Reaction score
Our four styles are up online now http://www.shopneighbour.com/collections/frank-leder

Feel free to ask any questions.

-Saager

We just received our delivery of Frank Leder. We started off with a few sizes and they will all be up online soon. In the meantime here are photos of the new styles...

Red Linen Shirt

Blue Cotton Jacket

Beige Linen Jacket

Blue Cotton Cardigan

We have sizes small through large available in each. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] for further info.

-Saager

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads