• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The fine (style) line b/w dressed down Hollywood celeb and homeless guy

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine Tom, maintains an athletic build. Women find him attractive. Lately, he has let his hair grow shaggy, and sports some facial scruff. He also wears dark jeans, aviators sunglasses, and a trim-fit black T-shirts. His wife's friend's call him "Homeless Tom". I said, on the contrary, I call him "Hollywood Tom". He looks fashion forward ....like a Hollywood celebrity who is dressed down on a Sunday, and is caught by paparazzi. Got any good scraggly jeans and t-shirt mega-star examples?
chrisrobinsongf_copy_2.jpg

HPress

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
A friend of mine Tom, maintains an athletic build. Women find him attractive. Lately, he has let his hair grow shaggy, and sports some facial scruff. He also wears dark jeans, aviators sunglasses, and a trim-fit black T-shirts. His wife's friend's call him "Homeless Tom". I said, on the contrary, I call him "Hollywood Tom". He looks fashion forward ....like a Hollywood celebrity who is dressed down on a Sunday, and is caught by paparazzi. Got any good scraggly jeans and t-shirt mega-star examples?
chrisrobinsongf_copy_2.jpg

I often dress like I'm homeless (old, dirty torn sneakers, old, dirty, torn jeans, old torn hoodie, vintage tweed jacket, shaggy hair) and I ride a vintage bike. I don't see it as a big deal, at least where I live.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I think of that hollywood scruff is not always an attempt to look good but an attempt to not be recognized everywhere you go. Imagine if random people took your picture every time you went out and did anything, like taking your kids pumpkin picking on a Sunday morning or whatever.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
^ I think of that hollywood scruff is not always an attempt to look good but an attempt to not be recognized everywhere you go. Imagine if random people took your picture every time you went out and did anything, like taking your kids pumpkin picking on a Sunday morning or whatever.

Good point made about the need to go incognito...

It must be difficult to be recognized and bothered by fans everywhere you go...

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Good point made about the need to go incognito...

It must be difficult to be recognized and bothered by fans everywhere you go...

Believe me, it's not easy.

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Homeless style really is just: - Wearing the next t-shirt from the dresser - Some comfortable jeans - Not bother to shave for a few days - Hat/beanie to cover hair after getting up from bed Come on now, every guy does that for a day or 2 like this in the week. Maybe more for fellas who work from home.
laugh.gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butter
Homeless style really is just:

- Wearing the next t-shirt from the dresser
- Some comfortable jeans
- Not bother to shave for a few days
- Hat/beanie to cover hair after getting up from bed

Come on now, every guy does that for a day or 2 like this in the week. Maybe more for fellas who work from home.

laugh.gif

Nop...

No hat/beanie under any circumstances.

Jeans? Only with a blazer or a sportcoat.

No shaving? No problem with that.

Weraing a dirty shirt....Never.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being loaded like these Hollywood types in the business they are in provides a bit more of an open attitude as to how they desire to dress themselves.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Nop...

No hat/beanie under any circumstances.

Jeans? Only with a blazer or a sportcoat.

No shaving? No problem with that.

Weraing a dirty shirt....Never.

+1 but I shave regularly too. Can't stand this trend of fungus faced out in public and 90% of male models in magazine adverts. Is this what rebellion looks like these days?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
+1 but I shave regularly too. Can't stand this trend of fungus faced out in public and 90% of male models in magazine adverts. Is this what rebellion looks like these days?

In my case ,my skin is very sensitive and it is nice to get a break from shaving on my days off...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads