The fine line between dressing like an old man and a sharp GQ/Esquire guy.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Reevolving, Oct 13, 2010.

1. millionaire75

millionaire75 Senior member

OP, I think I understand what you're going for. Check out the WAYWRN thread and look at IST66, Spoopoker, Urban Composition and Phat Guido (just browsed through the last few pages to get good examples). I think they strike the right balance you are looking for. BTW, Vox, your synopsis had me laughing out loud at work and I almost choked on my lunch. Thanks.

2. amplifiedheat

amplifiedheat Senior member

left to my own devices i'll wear a pair of dark jeans and a casual jacket any day over slacks with 2" cuffs and a gun club sportcoat. i just happen to find the latter look fussy and, to be honest, a bit asexual, and the reality is that many others do as well.

Fussy I could see. Why asexual? Jeans are unisex, and only get more feminine with lower rise and slimmer fit. Tailored clothing is always going to be more gender-specific.

Like most MC guys, I get some good-natured flak from friends, but even they admit that you can't mistake men's clothing.

Of course, some of history's greatest pimps have worn lacy jabots, so there you have it.

3. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

What is the most Paleo dinosaur to have? --Andre
    Would it make me sound old if I say Dino from the Flintstones? I love that guy! - B

4. lou

lou Senior member

5. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Jesus H.

You'll be one of the few to recall this old man fondly.

[​IMG]

- B

6. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

7. A Y

A Y Senior member

Your way off on your timeline of geologic events.

He is merely crossing broad time and modal domains.

--Andre

8. lou

lou Senior member

I had coelacanth last night. Sous vide.

- B

I would have preferred it grilled or flat top cooked in clarified butter as opposed to sous vide.

What type of sauce did you have with it? I like a white wine reduction in a butter based roux with garlic, and lemon. Throw in some sauteed shrimp as well, and it's all good.

9. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

W

You look like shit. If I had to guess your age, based on this outfit, I would say 65. Were you headed to book club after your Chardonnay and the sports bar?

I'm not so sure the clothes make him look old, so much as they make him look fat. I'm not sure if you are actually fat, but if you're not that jacket is not doing you any favors.

10. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Shrimp? No way!

The shrimp is a filthy animal. Except for brine shrimp, who have monkey-like family groups.

- B

11. George

George Senior member

I like shrimps.

12. lou

lou Senior member

Shrimp? No way!

The shrimp is a filthy animal. Except for brine shrimp, who have monkey-like family groups.

- B

Butterfly the tails and remove the digestive tract. Then your left with a nice clean portion of meat.

I'm not squemish about food. Properly butchered and cleaned, I'll eat or at least try most food. I enjoy mushrooms, and look how they are grown.

13. lou

lou Senior member

The man on the left is in shape, while the man on the right is not. Casual clothes on the in shape man looks good, but the suit still can't hide the poorer physical shape.

[​IMG]

14. epa

epa Senior member

Butterfly the tails and remove the digestive tract. Then your left with a nice clean portion of meat.

I'm not squemish about food. Properly butchered and cleaned, I'll eat or at least try most food. I enjoy mushrooms, and look how they are grown.

"Remove the digestive tract"? That kind of unnecessary surgery would take the pleasure out of eating shellfish...

15. lou

lou Senior member

"Remove the digestive tract"? That kind of unnecessary surgery would take the pleasure out of eating shellfish...

We are not talking about bi-valves here. Removing a shrimps intestine is a simple process that takes about1.5 seconds.