1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The fine line between dressing like an old man and a sharp GQ/Esquire guy.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Reevolving, Oct 13, 2010.

1. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

Look, the problem with eating shrimp is that it makes you look friggin old to most size 14s and below.

Why? The tiny, tiny forks and all the cocktail sauce that inevitably gets on the shoulders of your jacket, in your goatee, and on your shoes.

What hottie wants to kiss a guy with dentures and horseradish breath? The answer? Only a few.

That, in a shell, is the problem.

- B

2. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Look, the problem with eating shrimp is that it makes you look friggin old to most size 14s and below.

Why? The tiny, tiny forks and all the cocktail sauce that inevitably gets on the shoulders of your jacket, in your goatee, and on your shoes.

What hottie wants to kiss a guy with dentures and horseradish breath? The answer? Only a few.

- B

You have been in the wrong places...

A bit of red lobster and you can bed all Louisiana and Mississipi

3. epa

epa Senior member

The man on the left is in shape, while the man on the right is not. Casual clothes on the in shape man looks good, but the suit still can't hide the poorer physical shape.

[​IMG]

Right, the impression is that the gay guy to the left is in good shape while the potentially straight middle-aged family father guy to the right could have done well not stopping going to the gym after 40.

Was this your point?

4. epa

epa Senior member

We are not talking about bi-valves here. Removing a shrimps intestine is a simple process that takes about1.5 seconds.

The problem is not the time it takes. The problem is the attitude.

5. lou

lou Senior member

- B

I'm not wasting good shrimp on a crappy shrimp cocktail.

I've got several good recipes for shrimp. Have you ever had a fried shrimp po-boy sandwhich, shrimp etoufee, shrimp gumbo. If your ever in Houston let me know, I'll cook.

6. lou

lou Senior member

You have been in the wrong places...

A bit of red lobster and you can bed all Louisiana and Mississipi

Red Lobster SUCKS!!! They should have their ass removed for what they serve and call food.

7. voxsartoria

I've read that clams are bi-curious because of their valving.

Is this true?

- B

8. lou

lou Senior member

Right, the impression is that the gay guy to the left is in good shape while the potentially straight middle-aged family father guy to the right could have done well not stopping going to the gym after 40.

Was this your point?

Do you know who the man on the left is?

9. epa

epa Senior member

Do you know who the man on the left is?

Sorry, no idea.

10. lou

lou Senior member

I've read that clams are bi-curious because of their valving.

Is this true?

- B

The internet is full of movies about bi-curious clams, so it must be.

Look up Penny Flame and Kinzie Kenner for a bi curious clam movie.

11. voxsartoria

I'm not wasting good shrimp on a crappy shrimp cocktail.

I've got several good recipes for shrimp. Have you ever had a fried shrimp po-boy sandwhich, shrimp etoufee, shrimp gumbo. If your ever in Houston let me know, I'll cook.

I will relent that an Ã[​IMG]touffÃ[​IMG]e is Paleo, but I feel that Houston is a bit too carby to visit.

- B

12. lou

lou Senior member

Sorry, no idea.

Thats sad.

The man is Steve Reeves, and the point was to show that a good frame to hang clothes on goes a long way to achieving a good look.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Reeves

Just google his name and you will get a lot if info on the man.

13. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Where is Bull when he can actually be useful?

14. lou

lou Senior member

I will relent that an Ã[​IMG]touffÃ[​IMG]e is Paleo, but I feel that Houston is a bit too carby to visit.

- B

Actually it is not. An etoufee is served with rice. Rice was not part of the paleo eating style. The biggest probelm with eating strict paleo is the cost. Real food cost more than the crap we generally eat everyday. I do not maintain a strict paleo lifestyle.

You really are not missing much if you never visit houston. I'm not native to this area, and will gladly leave when the time is right.

15. Lear

Lear Senior member

SF tends to attract a leaner, better looking individual (I think some must be models). They'll always criticize those of us with bad genes, chins, tummies etc. It's often not our fault. We're simply trying to improve on a faulty product. A product you can't send back for a repair or replacement.

Anyway, I have no thoughts on the OP's look. I simply wish him all the best in his transformation.

Lear (the ugly one)

16. epa

epa Senior member

Thats sad.

The man is Steve Reeves, and the point was to show that a good frame to hang clothes on goes a long way to achieving a good look.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Reeves

Just google his name and you will get a lot if info on the man.

Thanks.
    Checked his filmography, and not really surprised that I didn't recognise him. But I see that he was once directed by Ed Wood, which obviously is a plus.

I still do not see your point. You mean that a well-trained man looks better than one who is not? I guess that is why people go to gyms.

17. voxsartoria

Actually it is not. An etoufee is served with rice. Rice was not part of the paleo eating style. The biggest probelm with eating strict paleo is the cost. Real food cost more than the crap we generally eat everyday. I do not maintain a strict paleo lifestyle.

You really are not missing much if you never visit houston. I'm not native to this area, and will gladly leave when the time is right.

Because of volcanic activity and $2 off coupons, Paleo man actually ate a lot of fried rice.

His favorite, unfortunately, was shrimp fried rice.

- B

18. lou

lou Senior member

SF tends to attract a leaner, better looking individual (I think some must be models). They'll always criticize those of us with bad genes, chins, tummies etc. It's often not our fault. We're simply trying to improve on a faulty product. A product you can't send back for a repair or replacement.
    Lear (the ugly one)

You mat not be able to send it back, but you can do a lot with what you have to work with. Granted Steve Reeves is considered to have been one of the most gifted individuals with regards to his genetics. however, getting off your butt and working your body and eating well can go a long way to changing things.

19. BlueHorseShoe

BlueHorseShoe Senior member

Thanks.
    Checked his filmography, and not really surprised that I didn't recognise him. But I see that he was once directed by Ed Wood, which obviously is a plus.

I still do not see your point. You mean that a well-trained man looks better than one who is not? I guess that is why people go to gyms.

+1. This implies a desire on your part to know about Steve Reeves, whoever the hell he is.

EDIT: Jesus chris, Lou. Do you have a hoard of Steve Reeves memorabilia that you are looking to drum up interest for?

1 person likes this.
  20. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

Because of volcanic activity and $2 off coupons, Paleo man actually ate a lot of fried rice.

His favorite, unfortunately, was shrimp fried rice.

- B

This is simply not true. I'm sick of your lies.