The Final Decision

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tljenkin, Jan 10, 2007.

1. tljenkin

tljenkin Senior member

Should I buy and invest the next year of my life into Ande Whall Cougars, APC Rescues or Nudie RRDS?

I'm also a 32 waist with a 34 inseam looking for a straight, regular fit cut.

2. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

ande whalls.

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Ha, I'm waiting for one of those companies to send me free jeans, then I'll let you know.

Not familiar with the cougars, but the APCs and RRDS are different enough that you should be able to choose. Rescues are straight, and looser in the thigh, probably about the same at the hem. Also very understated, you will probably never be recognized as wearing a pair of rescues. RRDS are closer in the thigh, slightly lower rise, super-low back pockets, and bootcut. Also loudly branded. The RRDS will fade faster, to a truer blue. The APC will fade more slowly, and the indigo is darker, with a near-purple tone.

Of course, buyign the whalls supports a denim artisan, and you get one-on-one customer support with the designer.

Make up your mind yet?

4. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

5. tljenkin

tljenkin Senior member

Wow! I never expected to get so many replies so quickly. Now just a few thing I want to be sure of before I pull the trigger on this. Will the Whalls fade and wear just as well as the Nudies and are these suggestions being made with the buyer's interest at heart or soley in support of Ande?

6. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

probably better than nudie. they start out much darker... almost black. also, they stretch less.

i have a pair of grifters, and they are my favorite jeans behind my samurai S0500XX, and half the price. andes jeans are also very focused on fit, as he has spent years getting them right. has things like a contured yoke that not many others do.

7. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

here's diamonds' 3 month v.2 grifters: [​IMG] but ande doesn't use this denim anymore...

8. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Senior member

Ande Whalls. If not them, then go for the RRDS, that's going to be my next pair of jeans when I get my income tax check this year.

9. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

I like APC, and I love the way my RRDS are fading, but I have to agree with most of the other posters--it has to be the Ande Whalls.

10. tljenkin

tljenkin Senior member

Well than it is done. This Ande is extraordinary. Does anyone know where to find a picture of somebody wearing the Cougar model? I've searched everywhere but to no avail.

11. knucks

knucks Senior member

I like my APC...RRDS would have been the jean I would get if I wasn't a college student on a budget.

No idea on Ande Whalls

12. michaeljkrell

michaeljkrell Senior member

Well than it is done. This Ande is extraordinary. Does anyone know where to find a picture of somebody wearing the Cougar model? I've searched everywhere but to no avail.

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/sho...=17026&page=10

13. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

I'm likin the specs on the AW Cougars. Need money... [​IMG]

14. tljenkin

tljenkin Senior member

For all those considering the Whalls, Ande is one of the nicest (and prompt!) retailers I have ever spoken to. Just do it and support this kind of guy.