The Fall Paul Stuart is up

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dusty, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Senior member

I'm praying to the sartorial gods that there is another Paul Stuart sample sale in New York. A tri-annual event isn't too much to ask for, is it? Though, I'll have to make a rush for the little sizes before Zack gets there...
    Say, I'm sample size, too!! That sounds exciting!

2. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I'm praying to the sartorial gods that there is another Paul Stuart sample sale in New York.

You and me both. If there is, this time I'll clear my schedule and not go to London over the last few days. [​IMG]

3. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

4. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Who makes their shoes? I like this one...

http://www.paulstuart.com/Product/Pr...?id=720&cid=81

They are made by Grenson to Masterpiece specifications and have more beautiful antiquing than any other Grenson's I have seen. I've put a reserve on this model and it should come in sometime next week.

[​IMG]

5. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

Very nice boot Andrew. We await your pics. [​IMG]

6. johninla

johninla Senior member

I've been meaning to say something about PS. I think the store of underestimated. Last year I bought a silk/linen suit at PS. It is gorgeous. Toward the end of summer we were in Greece. I took a Kiton and the PS. I kept wearing the PS. I'm going back, next time I'm in NYC.

7. johninla

johninla Senior member

Yes, I've been meaning to say something about PS. Early this year I bought a navy silk/linen PS suit. It is gorgeous. In fact, we were in Greece for a week. I took a Kiton and the PS suit. I ended up wearing the PS. Yet, for some reason I never think of the store. Is it underestimated or did PS just fall off my radar?
    John

8. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I've been meaning to say something about PS. I think the store of underestimated. Last year I bought a silk/linen suit at PS. It is gorgeous. Toward the end of summer we were in Greece. I took a Kiton and the PS. I kept wearing the PS. I'm going back, next time I'm in NYC.
    I agree. I think the store is quite beautiful.

However, I think that the sales people can be quite oppressive. I'm the kind of shopper who likes to be left alone to browse unless he has questions or is ready to purchase. I went their today and could not shed the limpets that were the Pault Staurt sales staff. It was really quite infuriating.

9. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Senior member

They are made by Grenson to Masterpiece specifications and have more beautiful antiquing than any other Grenson's I have seen. I've put a reserve on this model and it should come in sometime next week.

[​IMG]

I've seen these in their window display, the finishing is really awesome. Andrew as usual your taste is impeccable. I would definitely snap them up if they make it to the December sale, but they are so attractive that I wouldn't be surprised if they sell out...

10. bachbeet

bachbeet Senior member

I like the shirt suit and tie they have pictured for that charcoal blue stripe suit. Great looking combo!

11. argoth

argoth Senior member

I like the look of the wool flannel vested two-button suit.
    http://www.paulstuart.com/Product/Pr...?id=891&cid=85

I love the look of a 3 piece suit. Yet everytime I go ask a salesman about them I run into the "you're too young" (27) "we don't carry them, good luck finding them" "not in style" roadblock. Perhaps I've been shopping at the wrong stores.

I've had good luck with Paul Stuart thus far. Perhaps its time I take a stand and pick up one of these beauties.

12. aportnoy

Thanks for the kind words PB, I'll definitely be sharing photos when they arrive.

As for Paul Stuart, I really admire their clarity of vision and commitment to sophistication. They embrace luxury but only when it serves a purpose. They use the best makers like Isaia, Malo, Grenson Masterpiece and Ruffo but everything that comes into the store is made to their exacting specifications and screams that it came from PS.

And if you need one, the shearling collection (make that their outerwaer collection) is about the best in NYC.

13. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

14. Trilby

Trilby Senior member

The catalogue looks great, as usual with PS.

Does anyone know where the photographs were taken?

15. aportnoy