• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The F@%k You eBay Thread

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else been directly affected by their new 'seller restrictions'?
I'm so pissed off right now.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
Has anyone else been directly affected by their new 'seller restrictions'?
I'm so pissed off right now.

what are they? i haven't been selling, so i haven't been paying attention.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, here's the email I received from eBay earlier this week. Name has been changed for dramatic effect.
Hello my little *****, As you already know, we are committed to fighting fraud and reducing bad buying experiences on the eBay site. In order to keep our site safe for buyers and sellers, we place restrictions on the type of items that sellers may list as well as the number of items sellers may list in certain categories. We wanted to give you advance notice that we will be further tightening the selling limits. As a result, you may experience these added limitations in the coming month when you try to list certain apparel items. You should also know that if you encounter these limitations you will need to wait 30 days before you can list additional similar items. Sellers can appeal to have such selling limits raised. Our customer support teams will be happy to periodically review any seller's account and in some cases may ease the selling limits. To determine whether selling limits may be lessened, factors such as buyer feedback, time and activity on site, and compliance with all eBay policies are considered. We encourage you to continue to build up a positive selling history, and we will be happy to review your selling limits in the future. We recommend that you wait about 90 days before contacting us to review your account. It is always a good idea to verify your identity as a seller by linking your eBay account to your PayPal account, regardless of whether or not you accept payments via PayPal. For more information on how to become PayPal Verified, please review the following page: http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/e....html#verified If you have further questions, please contact PowerSeller Customer Support. You can find your CS contact information by logging into the PowerSeller Portal page at http://www.ebay.com/powerseller Thanks for your time. Regards, eBay Seller Development

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried to list an item (a Hermes tie I no longer want) and was told I had reached my 'limit.'
I should not try and list the item again for 30 days.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a seller (buyer only) so have not been screwed as badly.

But I like to tell Ebay to go sit on a stick for always giving me the 10% off coupon code late, always after I've made a major purchase.

UP YOURS!

garmentmerchant

Reaction score
I like the little ***** affect
wink.gif

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm over 1200 positive with no negatives.
Received one neg 3-4 years ago but it was withdrawn after I gave in and refunded the buyer's money minus shipping.
So pissed right now.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The message in question. . .
Attention Seller: Thank you for choosing eBay. In order to help maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on listings. At this time, you are limited as to the listing of certain branded items. Please do not attempt to relist this item for 30 days. Sellers who have built a long-standing and consistent positive history of selling such items may be eligible to have these limits raised. If you believe that you would qualify and would like eBay to review your limits, please email us at Customer Support. We sincerely value you as a member of our trading Community and look forward to a continued successful relationship with you. Click herefor a window with more information on eBay’s listing guidelines.

samblau

Reaction score
eBay booted me a year ago...a powerseler with 99% positive feedback....BC I stopped mailing items out of the country to people with limited feedback who refused to pay for tracking. eBay is a joke....they cannot police their own site, or rather won't. When I finally scoured the internet to find a legitimate corporate office phone # I called them up, and once I told them I was an attorney they refused to speak to me any more.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We get the same message for anything Fendi or Chanel. I'm wondering if there's been pressure from the design houses and this is their "measure" though they still allow a bunch of fake **** through. We only have 84 positive but have sold about 18k in the last 12 months - surely they appreciate their fees so you'd think there'd be some sort of immunity.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The other night I lost a snipe on a Montecristi Panama that went for only USD25 and had cost (Polo RL) 250 USD in the 80s. I could not work out why - but it has something to do with it being Polo and not being allowed to be sold ex USA. Maybe it follows the new fears of the EU Court case.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yep; I had it, too, with an LV bag I was selling.

I wrote them saying that I find it sickening that they let fakes run rampant across their site and don't take down 99% of those listings, but then I'm restricted when listing a 100% authentic item.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads