1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Excel Questions Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CunningSmeagol, May 4, 2009.

1. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Ok, so =TEXT(A1,"h:mm") was it. Thanks.

I needed the cell contents to be literally numbers and a colon so I could use vlookup with another data set that would reference time and time zone, such as "8:00 Pacific"

If you look around for excel help on time formats, everyone has issues with it.

It's been some time since I've had a work project where I can just spend a few days with excel. It's very exciting and calming. I get so focused too. At this new job I'm using the latest version of excel. I'm very upset they took violet away as one of the default colors on the pallet. That said, I like the new deeper yellow. It's soft on the eye.

2. borderline

borderline Senior member

I have an Excel chart question. I have a chart, it's an X-Y chart with numerous data points. In excel, when I hover over the data, it reveals the data source, that is, the cell values. I want to post a large version of this chart to a website, say a blog, and retain this capability. What are my options?

3. otc

otc Senior member

In native excel? I am not sure such a thing exists. Maybe in the cloud version of excel?

Easiest way is probably to use google docs:
    http://www.webascender.com/Blog/ID/639/Embedding-Google-Charts-Into-Your-Website#.VaWa9flVhBc

The example at the bottom looks like it does what you want.

Otherwise, there are lots of other options like Tableau or various javascript/R packages that will do it.

4. borderline

borderline Senior member

Sounds like using Google Charts is a better plan for web based interactive charts. Thanks for the tip, I'll see if I can figure it out.