• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Epaulet x Woolrich "Last American Donegal Tweed" Project

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This is your chance to own a piece of American history! After 170 years in business, the legendary Woolrich Woolen Mill of Pennsylvania has sadly ceased all operations. We secured 300 yards of gorgeous "sandy chestnut" donegal tweed from their final production run. This mill will not reopen, and it's doubtful that another woolen operation will step into its place. Woolrich was justifiably famous for its excellent and enduring fabrics, and this genuine article was lovingly crafted by their long standing team.

We'll honor their legacy by sewing every single yard right here in the USA. With this preorder project, you can purchase this gorgeous fabric in one of three ways:

1) As one of our in-house Los Angeles-made garments: The Sinclair Sportcoat, Doyle Chore Coat, The Rivet Chino, and the Wilhelm Chino

2) As a fully custom tailored trouser by Hertling in Brooklyn, New York

3) As a suit or a sportcoat through Southwick Clothes of Masschusetts

All of these pieces will be made in the same cloth, from the same dye lot, and they'll perfectly match with their brethren. Approximately 130 garments can be made, and once it's gone... it's gone for good! We're offering very competitive prices with final sale terms to get the most efficient use of this valuable cloth.

Item Leader.jpg

I set up this separate thread to post updated images and videos... and I'm available to answer any questions personally. Thanks for reading!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Custom Tweed Trousers Through Hertling

If you dig this Woolrich tweed but you're more interested in a tailored trouser, we're offering fully custom pieces through Hertling in Brooklyn. The price is $235 for most fits and $260 for their WWII "Garand" shape.

You can check out the options here

And we can submit orders for any Hertling fits.. it doesn't have to be only our shapes. So if you've shopped with them directly and you prefer something like their "Straight" or "Tapered" fit, then we can do that for the same price. Turnaround time will be about 4 weeks...

Garand_Profile_Pic_2048x.jpg
Greenpoint_Fit_Outside_Detail_2048x.jpg
Greenpoint_Text_2048x.jpg
Taylor_Gable_1024x1024_2048x_a4654322-35e3-4bc6-926f-3ea4890298d8_2048x.jpg
Taylor_Trouser_Text_25a7af65-93c6-42c3-82e6-f688330664de_2048x.jpg
Driggs_Trouser_Text_0eb147ca-62c8-47a1-bb96-91d18144ab84_2048x.jpg
Rudy_Trouser_Text_5a14b0ce-0336-45e4-8b0a-54f9357eb63d_2048x.jpg
Walt_Trouser_Text_1f7d1f6c-2180-4146-8fc4-56744e24be37_2048x.jpg

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So it’s an American fabric. Donegal tweed is not a protected cloth like Harris tweed. This has nylon in it.

I will stick to genuine cloth produced in county Donegal - Molloy etc.

Don’t care for the garments in the video either. Not my cup of tea.

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
Well, I'd happily buy both jackets and the trousers if funds were limitless.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Our friends at Hertling are already cutting the trousers that have been ordered. We should get a pretty quick turnaround on that. Check out this video straight from the factory....

Anthony is the master cutter and an OG Italian-American from Mulberry Street. I wish that there was some way to bottle his accent and keep it archived forever.

Flashbang

Reaction score
Sad that Woolrich is a goner. And that I can’t ~really~ justify the spend. And that I missed the pre-order date, whoops!

The Doyle paired with matching trousers is reaaaally doin it for me ?

Anyway, a nice sendoff for Woolrich this is

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sad that Woolrich is a goner. And that I can’t ~really~ justify the spend. And that I missed the pre-order date, whoops!

The Doyle paired with matching trousers is reaaaally doin it for me ?

Anyway, a nice sendoff for Woolrich this is

Thank you! Actually, we've got this promo open until Saturday. We have some people coming in for fittings on Wed and Friday, and we're looking forward to some rad pics from @UrbanComposition later this week.

In the meantime, our first Woolrich pant from Hertling just finished... it came out so great! Here's the item for that if you'd like to get the tweed in a dressier shape...

woolrich pant.jpg

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Actually, we've got this promo open until Saturday. We have some people coming in for fittings on Wed and Friday, and we're looking forward to some rad pics from @UrbanComposition later this week.

In the meantime, our first Woolrich pant from Hertling just finished... it came out so great! Here's the item for that if you'd like to get the tweed in a dressier shape...

View attachment 1326051
I’m serious, I’m gonna wear this with t-shirts and turtlenecks all the time

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads