• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The End-of-the-Year Friday Challenge: Best Celebratory Fit

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s Festivus!

Welcome to The Celebratory Holiday Fit Friday Challenge

It’s that time of year. We want to see you dressed for the occasion and having fun, and the occasion is the holiday season, broadly conceived. A picture of you at a party would be ideal, but sharing a quiet holiday moment with family or friends would be equally good. Day/night, indoor/outdoor, it doesn’t matter. The bottom line: it should look celebratory (reminder: the robopose is not celebratory unless you actually are a robot) and good.

I’m backdating the beginning of the eligibility period to December 16 to include all of Hanukkah, just in case someone already has some pics they’d like to enter (not likely, I know, but not impossible).

Rules:

(1) Eligibility Period: begins December 16, ends noon, US EST, Saturday, January 3, 2015.
(2) No more than one fit and a maximum of three photographs per entrant.
(3) Tie required.

Let the feats of strength begin.

Cheers,

Ac

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I suspect that we'll soon see the airing of grievances, too... :)

Anyway, I'm in!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm WAY in - this should be fun.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm WAY in - this should be fun.

Actually, the WAYWRN pic of you and Cleav having lunch (?) was one of the photos I had in mind if anyone asked for an example. But if anyone asks for example of what it looks like to have fun, then things are worse than I imagined.

I’m hoping to see shots of people in a social context, but decided against making it a requirement.

Cheers,

Ac

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Probably in, depending on UPS.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually, the WAYWRN pic of you and Cleav having lunch (?) was one of the photos I had in mind if anyone asked for an example.   But if anyone asks for example of what it looks like to have fun, then things are worse than I imagined.

I’m hoping to see shots of people in a social context, but decided against making it a requirement.

Cheers,

Ac

It was lunch, for the record, at which Cleav and I had our picture taken, and as I will be in the UK again mid-February 2015, we're planning on repeating the event at that time (same meal, different venue). You are correct in assuming that fun was had at the original event - a lovely amalgam of entertaining conversation and a nice bottle of Macon-Villages. We hope that history repeats itself.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm all in! Nice one Ac :slayer:

Any excuse to share again a memento of a lovely lunch!

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
And a great mustache. It will be missed.

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd share this one as an example of a candid, festive shot. This was my wife's company Christmas party, which had a fire pit, equipped with smores stuff, in the courtyard of a swanky hotel. It was on December 13th, so not eligible, but I thought it was in the spirit! Also, the monochromatic scheme might start the ball rolling on the Airing of Grievances.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thought I'd share this one as an example of a candid, festive shot. This was my wife's company Christmas party, which had a fire pit, equipped with smores stuff, in the courtyard of a swanky hotel. It was on December 13th, so not eligible, but I thought it was in the spirit! Also, the monochromatic scheme might start the ball rolling on the Airing of Grievances.

That's a very cool photo, though I am familiar with the lobby of only one high-end hotel in Vancouver, the Shangri-La, and that does not appear to be that lobby, as I remember it.

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is the mustache still going strong cleav?

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll try and get Erica and the dogs to agree taking another picture like this, but I can't promise anything:

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Is the mustache still going strong cleav?

Nah, long gone. Done for Movember.

Quick edit! Dudes indeed lol

I'll try and get Erica and the dogs to agree taking another picture like this, but I can't promise anything:

Very classy as ever mate!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads