• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Emperor of Japan Needs a New Tailor

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
16japan1-videoSixteenByNine3000.jpg

sadkfjaskfaj

Reaction score
I have no clue about that style of clothing so perhaps that's actually the correct fit.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The emperor's trousers are too full and wide and his coat looks
too big on him. Contrast with the gentleman bowing and the former
Prime Minister facing. Both are wearing narrower trousers. The one
bowing seems to have a trimmer coat.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those trousers look like they were cut in the '40, or according to a pattern of that age. They look comfy, though.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well you better all get used to that. After a decade of sausage skins it’s inevitable that the pendulum will swing too far in the opposite direction, bypassing any semblance of a happy medium to arrive at nipple-grazing waistbands, multiple pleats and cuts that would look at home on the masts of the Cutty Sark. I‘ve seen signs of it already here on SF and it’s no less ridiculous than the low rise jeggings we’ve been suffering.

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no clue about that style of clothing so perhaps that's actually the correct fit.

I think you need to go learn about cut. Those trousers are absolute perfection for a morning dress. The coat, I'm not crazy about.

You should Google his father Akihito in Morning Dress. Watch his trousers. They are the same cut.

Alan Bee

sadkfjaskfaj

Reaction score
I think you need to go learn about cut. Those trousers are absolute perfection for a morning dress. The coat, I'm not crazy about.

You should Google his father Akihito in Morning Dress. Watch his trousers. They are the same cut.

Alan Bee

I think you need to learn how to read.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not as bad. Also the coat looks trimmer.

n-emperor-b-20190501-1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads