• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Discerning Compendium of Casual Clothiers

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FL- I wear a M in Gitman and went with a L in Brooklyn Tailors. The fit seems very similar between the two, but the BT shirt is a little slimmer in the body and sleeves, with higher armholes. It also seems a hair shorter than the Gitman.

pickpack- several of the brands you listed are, in relation to the idea that I had for this thread, mass produced. I'm generally talking very small production, with the designer being hands-on.

Anyone should feel free to suggest brands/designers here, and I'll include them in the first post if you have personal experience with them and are willing to offer a short review. I need to add more details soon.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

AFL- I wear a M in Gitman and went with a L in Brooklyn Tailors. The fit seems very similar between the two, but the BT shirt is a little slimmer in the body and sleeves, with higher armholes. It also seems a hair shorter than the Gitman.

What fabrics are the Gitman shirts? I believe some of them run slimmer than others. The ones I own are both standard oxfords.

I should have been more specific - XS in Gitman is a just a hair tight and S is good, if a tad baggy for me. XS for BT seems to fall between the two. It probably has more to do with the different cuts than different shoulder / chest measurements. BT seems to have more of a drop? If I have time I'll borrow a tape measure and find out for sure.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm also comparing to a standard GBV oxford. My brushed oxford does fit a little smaller. I'll check measurements soon, too.

spacepope

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://store.shopwharf.com/browse/1

Providence RI based. Really nice guys and while their stuff might be a little too #menswear for some it's still great quality, made in the US, etc. etc. etc. Their in-house oxfords are actually the best fitting I've ever tried and they maaaaaay be stocking EG in the future. I think they'll be making blazers too.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually have one of their oxfords, too. I think they basically took the Gitman cut and made it a little nicer. All of the shirting is made nearby, I can't remember where. It's a great shop, and I enjoyed visiting on my way from Ma to CT. I also picked up a NC Mallory for a very reasonable price there.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads