• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The dessert and pastry thread

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
lemon tarts are my favorite. Citarella makes a great lemon tart and it's required that I have one every Saturday.

I like pies too but I don't buy them often (and never make them). Cakes never seem to do it for me. That super sugary frosting most places use is just awful. Actually, come to think about it, I'm pretty excited for our wedding cake. Taste testing was a definite surprise.

For most deserts, I'd rather have some ice cream or sorbet.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
young'n?

that sour cream apple pie from little pie house? factory? in nyc is :drool:

Last edited:

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in all honesty, i have an enormous sweet tooth, but i usually make fruit-based desserts because my pastry skills are so bad. if you like lemony desserts, though, i will in all immodesty say that you have to try my lemon curd. i worked for a long time on it, getting the right balance of acid and butter. makes a great tart tart.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
recipe printed, will try sometime soon. Thank you!!

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I made that lemon curd and it came out fantastic. Super easy, too. I could eat a vat of it, so F you and your calorie count at the end of the article.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what i liked about the calorie count was that one serving was one tablespoon

i dont think ppl would eat your curd by the tablespoon

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
actually, curd is often eaten like jam, therefore the tablespoon measure. but no, i don't eat it by the tablespoon ... my favorite use for it is as a (thin) filling for a tart.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I can't wait to make this lemon curd at work and then take all the credit for it as if it was by a random stroke of KSilk genius that such a lovely happening occurred.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can't wait to make this lemon curd at work and then take all the credit for it as if it was by a random stroke of KSilk genius that such a lovely happening occurred.

i'ts yours baby. we're only temporary custodians of our recipes.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

K "Smooth as Silk" Wilk? Other than foodguy, anybody old and dorky enough?

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

K "Smooth as Silk" Wilk? Other than foodguy, anybody old and dorky enough?

:fu::fu::fu:
cause it's true: and i was just watching him play on hardwood classics the other night ... on my list of 5 most underappreciated lakers of all time!

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

:fu::fu::fu:
cause it's true: and i was just watching him play on hardwood classics the other night ... on my list of 5 most underappreciated lakers of all time!

He should have quit three years after college. What a great career and then to stain it by playing for the Lakers.

Last edited:

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He should have quit three years after college. What a great career and then to stain it by playing for the Lakers.
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads