• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Desert Boot and Chukka appreciation/review thread

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Herring GOSFORTH

5c61e40f-00e1-4bcb-896a-9f5c1e1d4ad3-jpeg.1777680

Reaction score
Hallo there,

I would like to ask for your help. I love the look of Clarks Desert boots 2, but i have too wide feet. Do you any recommendations based of very simiklar look of Clarks DB2, but with larger width?

Thanks!

Wrenkin

Reaction score
I would like to ask for your help. I love the look of Clarks Desert boots 2, but i have too wide feet. Do you any recommendations based of very simiklar look of Clarks DB2, but with larger width?

Astorflex.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New arrival, purchased during the Queen's Jubilee.

Brand: Herring Shoes (by Barker)
Colour: Waxy Snuff Suede and Castagnia Suede
Model: Cirencester
Last: 026
Welt: 360
Sole: Commando Light Weight by Wearlight

I took advantage of an special price and decided that I needed both colours. I have to confess that I felt buyer's remorse, but when the boots arrived, remorse turned into joy.

Very nice shape, the flaps hug the feet (simlilar to Tricker's Aldo or Cobbler Union chukka) and are friendly with my high instep so there are not unsighty wrinkles. The last is comfortable, similar to C&J's 325 or Loake's Capital. An excellent option for travelling because they are truly lightweight.

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Berwick chukkas from AFPOS, as always great service

Material: Reverse kudu suede
Last: HO291
Colour: Snuff
Sole: Crepe rubber sole

Highly recommended, these chukkas will become my summer best friend. I am finding that if taking pictures to shoes is easy, is because the last and patern work very well together.

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Last edited:

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you live in poor public subsidized dwellings for the poor? Like wtf? Seriously? Are you ok? I feel like I should call some sort of protective services for your based on your inhospitable dwelling. Please let me know you are okay. I will say a prayer for you, brother; no one should have to exist in such a **** house. :(
I don't understand your rant, we are talking about chukka boots, not if you like other people's dwellings or how they live. If somebody has a problem, it seems to be yours. :mad:

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First wear of Morjas’s reintroduced Chukka in dark brown suede. Extremely comfy straight out the box. Wore them for 45 mins to run errands this morning, and it felt like I was in sneakers. Great silhouette as well. Bought these to replace a pair of Cobbler Union (CU) chukkas where the last didn’t work for my feet.
5368B756-088A-49CE-BAAE-5C5B034C05F6.jpeg
4FF6BDC9-36D9-4D52-B67C-16BBCB73AE1F.jpeg

3A746445-DA2F-455D-A500-640DB142228F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads