• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Desert Boot and Chukka appreciation/review thread

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Magnani HUESCA

6F076A7E-8F89-4E01-9B6E-2EF0F36BB8EB.jpeg

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crosspost from the C&J thread.

C&J Molton bought from Bodiley's. My 5th pair from Bodiley's, always impeccable service.

In my shoe wardrobe, compared with some venerable round toe models, the Molton shows an unusal square toebox. This boot in other leather would be a tad edgy but the rough out suede keeps things in balance and the protuding welt gives lots of character.

The 336 behaves (for my feet) similar to the 325 (Pembroke and Coniston). They arrived to my office to avoid spousal custom and wore them all day, no break in needed, very comfortable. This chukkas will see lots of action.

IMG_4221.JPG

IMG_4222.JPG

IMG_4224.JPG

IMG_4226.JPG

IMG_4227.JPG

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I correct in remembering you have the Loake Sprint sneakers?

I wear UK 11 in both and would say the fit is fairly similar.

I also believe you have a Grafton cordovan like my own pair. I have 100G in those so UK 10 G. I think a 10.5 would be better possibly but I get away with it as the G width is roomier.

Hello Reiver

I just made the purchase of a pair of Astrorfelx Dukeflex in size 11UK = 45 EUR, thank you for your kind recomendation. I will revert with the results.

Regards

Last edited:

Johnniegold

Reaction score
Hello Reiver

I just made the purchase of a pair of Astrorfelx Dukeflex in size 11UK = 45 EUR, thank you for your kind recomendation. I will revert with the results.

Regards

I’m interested to hear your review. I am keen on the Dukeflex but couldn’t find it in the dark chestnut and I already have the whiskey Cityflex, dark khaki Bitflex and stone Greenflex from Astorflex so I don’t want repeat colors.

Also, it looks like the dark chestnut would mirror the Crosby by Drake as worn by Daniel Craig in the latest James Bond flick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads