• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Desert Boot and Chukka appreciation/review thread

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Reiver @Señor Blues you might want to know the Sargent shoes are back. >>Here<< is the SF thread. I've been conversing with them profusely recently - they seem very much alive ;)
@Schweino Radwell chukka are THE only chukkas I'd like to have. Never been a chukka guy but this shoe on the last 724 is just a marvel to behold (particularly in hatch). And the same goes - at least for me - for the Alex jodhpur (just a digression from the chukka theme).

That’s great news, thanks for the heads up.

I like the waxy commander Chukka and the price seems good.

Website still looks dated just like the Alfred Sargent one but the main thing is that the products are quality.

I hope Paul makes a success of it

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Church's Sahara in Mud suede

20211113_133654.jpg

apShepard

Reaction score
I want to replace my clarks desert boots which have been a workhorse of a shoe for me since they were recommended at r/malefashionadvice. I'm looking at upgrading to something better, so any particullar recommendation?

I'm eyeing the antonio meccarielo chukkas

Attachments

• IMG_9772.jpg
    IMG_9772.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 139

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to replace my clarks desert boots which have been a workhorse of a shoe for me since they were recommended at r/malefashionadvice. I'm looking at upgrading to something better, so any particullar recommendation?

I'm eyeing the antonio meccarielo chukkas
That would be a great upgrade, not only in quality and style, but in price.
Are you looking your new chukkas in that range of price?

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some options in Europe:

leparrain7

Reaction score
say dear friends, I am still coming back to the question of the size for the Hi-top, what do you recommend? take its usual size? go down half a size? or the reverse take half a size above?

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
say dear friends, I am still coming back to the question of the size for the Hi-top, what do you recommend? take its usual size? go down half a size? or the reverse take half a size above?
I bought size 7UK, for a snug fit, as it’s built on a quite narrow, low and short last.

My usual sizes for my boots are 6 or 6.5 UK depending on their last, so I do recommend going up at least half a size for the Sander’s HiTop.

leparrain7

Reaction score
I bought size 7UK, for a snug fit, as it’s built on a quite narrow, low and short last.

My usual sizes for my boots are 6 or 6.5 UK depending on their last, so I do recommend going up at least half a size for the Sander’s HiTop.
Thanks mate, you have confirmed my doubts

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads