• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Desert Boot and Chukka appreciation/review thread

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello gentlemen, I wonder if any of you have bought a pair of Astorflex in Forest Green, for the pictures shown on line they don't look very green (which I prefer). I will appreciate your comments and pictures if possible. Regards
I can't answer your question but it is something that interests me, too. I find it impossible to tell what colour they are from the various photos on the net. But this is also true of other photos of Astorflex boots. I hope someone can post a photo of the green ones, here.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Model wears: Navy desert boots by Astorflex Greenflex, jeans by Levi, socks by Uniglo. Available from some main stores and a few smaller ones. Flooring: model's own.

1625064936808.png

Last edited:

slows2k

Reaction score
Model wears: Navy desert boots by Astorflex Greenflex, jeans by Levi, socks by Uniglo. Available from some main stores and a few smaller ones. Flooring: model's own.

View attachment 1632661

Thats a nice shade of blue. I almost pulled the trigger on the same pair more than once but couldn't make up my mind about how much would actually use that color.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats a nice shade of blue. I almost pulled the trigger on the same pair more than once but couldn't make up my mind about how much would actually use that color.
They are lovely boots but - further to the discussion above - they are a darker blue in person. A very dark navy. My other pair of 'whiskey' Astorflex Greenflex boots where also a different colour to the ones on the net. Fortunately, I liked the real colour better.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Move along, please. Nothing to see here.

Last edited:

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking for a chukka recommendation and thought this might be a good place.

I'm looking for the following:
- Dark brown suede
- Dainite sole
- Comes in wide width (or is just somewhat wide fitting in general)
- Toe shape suitable for wearing with both flannel trousers and jeans

Any ideas?

slows2k

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking for a chukka recommendation and thought this might be a good place.

- Dark brown suede
- Dainite sole

Any ideas?
I would say CJ Chiltern or Loake Kempton. Both not too slim shaped but still can be dressy easily. I feel like the CJ runs a little wider since I had to size down further on them than I remember having to in the Kemptons.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say CJ Chiltern or Loake Kempton. Both not too slim shaped but still can be dressy easily. I feel like the CJ runs a little wider since I had to size down further on them than I remember having to in the Kemptons.
I would add to these suggestions the Loake Pimlico. From my experience, I feel that the Capital last is somehow wider than the 036 of the Kempton.

slows2k

Reaction score
I would add to these suggestions the Loake Pimlico. From my experience, I feel that the Capital last is somehow wider than the 036 of the Kempton.

I really liked the pimlico and agree they’re a little wider, but I always felt they were a little too shapely for denim. YMMV tho. Great shoes.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

- Dark brown suede
- Dainite sole

Any ideas?
C9CC1BD3-32DC-400B-878A-1D3C77F83D69.jpeg
Carlos Santos on the 401 last comes with dainite and is an E width with generous instep.

slows2k

Reaction score
See, I used to wear the pimlico with chinos, but denim always seemed a mismatch to me. I think the Kemptons look better in the above.

Both are great chukkas though!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads