• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Desert Boot and Chukka appreciation/review thread

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm sharing with you some Hi-tops that I ordered during the blackf, when I received them I was in the middle of a battle (fortunately won) against the covid, I still haven't worn them.
Like Trickers does, Sanders took care of the taxes for Europe which is a good thing. I was very attracted by this brown/orange color which I find magnificent.
I thank @mauricio for the confirmation that it is necessary to take a half size above for the Hi-top.
View attachment 1738554 View attachment 1738555
just a little discoloration at the top that I don't understand why ?

Nice colour. I hope you fully recover and enjoy them.

Cheers

Last edited:

Johnniegold

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm sharing with you some Hi-tops that I ordered during the blackf, when I received them I was in the middle of a battle (fortunately won) against the covid, I still haven't worn them.
Like Trickers does, Sanders took care of the taxes for Europe which is a good thing. I was very attracted by this brown/orange color which I find magnificent.
I thank @Mercurio for the confirmation that it is necessary to take a half size above for the Hi-top.
View attachment 1738554 View attachment 1738555
just a little discoloration at the top that I don't understand why ?

Those look awesome. Wonder if the discoloration was from the heel area of each when they were sitting in the box. Maybe a suede brush will even it out.

And yes, glad to hear you are doing well.

Johnniegold

Reaction score
730E1645-B04C-4A2D-A1C4-A0F964960F1F.jpeg

leparrain7

Reaction score
Those look awesome. Wonder if the discoloration was from the heel area of each when they were sitting in the box. Maybe a suede brush will even it out.

And yes, glad to hear you are doing well.
thank you very much. it doesn't look bad, even if you see it more on the right foot than the left, I'll try the brush stroke, I think it will even out later..

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Searched the thread and saw them mentioned once, but does anyone have experience with the Crown Northampton desert boots? They were compared to Jadd but I think I like the toebox more on these. I have a pair of Alden 1493 unlined chukkas in snuff but would like something even more casual to wear with jeans

1644901591792.png

1644901610805.png

midnightnavy

Reaction score
Anyone know here I might score a pair of Church's Ryder III chukka boots in brown suede in a size UK13 (US14)? The boot is being discontinued and the usual suspects (Herring, farfetch, etc) are out of stock in that size.

BrutonGaster

Reaction score
I've fallen in love with the marvin unlined chukka from sanders does anyone here have any experience with it?I have a couple of questions, firstly, I've never actually seen a crepe sole thats stitched on, only ever glued to a stitched midsole. I was under the impression that crepe was too soft to be effectively stitched? can any owners comment on the long term quality of the sole?
And can anyone compare the fit of the M265L last to the trickers stow, for reference I take an 8.5uk in the stow or 9 with thick socks.
Thanks!

Johnniegold

Reaction score
I am not sure if these Astroflex Dukeflex are desert boots, buy allow me to share.

I am 10.5UK in C&J 325 last, Church's 173, Loake Capital and other UK brands. These are size 45 and fit extreamly well (my feet are bulky), very very comfortable.

Colour whiskey, dark crepe sole.

View attachment 1735266 View attachment 1735267 View attachment 1735268 View attachment 1735269

Are you enjoying those?

@JUAN MANUEL

I’m waiting to find a pair in the dark chestnut colorway. View attachment 1735323

Of course…. Sold out.

Not anymore. ?

These arrived today from England. Had to go across the Pond to find them.

The Dukeflex by Astorflex in Dark Chestnut.

F478FBCB-823E-432D-A856-48A7B5A48C36.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads