• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Desert Boot and Chukka appreciation/review thread

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Reiver @Señor Blues you might want to know the Sargent shoes are back. >>Here<< is the SF thread. I've been conversing with them profusely recently - they seem very much alive ;)
@Schweino Radwell chukka are THE only chukkas I'd like to have. Never been a chukka guy but this shoe on the last 724 is just a marvel to behold (particularly in hatch). And the same goes - at least for me - for the Alex jodhpur (just a digression from the chukka theme).
That’s great news, thanks for the heads up.

I like the waxy commander Chukka and the price seems good.

Website still looks dated just like the Alfred Sargent one but the main thing is that the products are quality.

I hope Paul makes a success of it

apShepard

Reaction score
I want to replace my clarks desert boots which have been a workhorse of a shoe for me since they were recommended at r/malefashionadvice. I'm looking at upgrading to something better, so any particullar recommendation?

I'm eyeing the antonio meccarielo chukkas

Attachments

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to replace my clarks desert boots which have been a workhorse of a shoe for me since they were recommended at r/malefashionadvice. I'm looking at upgrading to something better, so any particullar recommendation?

I'm eyeing the antonio meccarielo chukkas
That would be a great upgrade, not only in quality and style, but in price.
Are you looking your new chukkas in that range of price?

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some options in Europe:

leparrain7

Reaction score
say dear friends, I am still coming back to the question of the size for the Hi-top, what do you recommend? take its usual size? go down half a size? or the reverse take half a size above?

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
say dear friends, I am still coming back to the question of the size for the Hi-top, what do you recommend? take its usual size? go down half a size? or the reverse take half a size above?
I bought size 7UK, for a snug fit, as it’s built on a quite narrow, low and short last.

My usual sizes for my boots are 6 or 6.5 UK depending on their last, so I do recommend going up at least half a size for the Sander’s HiTop.

leparrain7

Reaction score
I bought size 7UK, for a snug fit, as it’s built on a quite narrow, low and short last.

My usual sizes for my boots are 6 or 6.5 UK depending on their last, so I do recommend going up at least half a size for the Sander’s HiTop.
Thanks mate, you have confirmed my doubts

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.