• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Desert Boot and Chukka appreciation/review thread

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are the boots I teased about earlier: Edward Green Cherwell's in mink suede.

View attachment 1625065

I bought these pre-owned from Skoaktiebolaget's website (from Patrick Löf's personal collection) without any prior knowledge on how EG's lasts fit me. The price and condition of the shoes were too good to pass on, so I took the gamble. And it paid off; they fit incredibly well!

The make up is really nice: thin but sturdy rubber sole; long, sleek yet un-offensive last that feels great on my foot; soft, fine, supple yet substantial suede in a perfect dark brown; glove interior-like lining leather throughout with a thicker, textured leather (kind of like peccary?) at key stress points; and incredibly fine stitching all throughout. I'm extremely happy with them!

View attachment 1625066

View attachment 1625070

View attachment 1625069
Lovely boots, glad they’ve worked out and impress you

Shawn Lim

Reaction score
Question for the chukka lovers, i am looking to add a pair to my collection. I am after a sleek pair, one that would be versatile for both work and jeans. Am currently eyeeing the Carmina chukka brown suede in rain last VS C&J tetbury in brown suede. Anyone have any thoughts or experience wuth either of them?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for the chukka lovers, i am looking to add a pair to my collection. I am after a sleek pair, one that would be versatile for both work and jeans. Am currently eyeeing the Carmina chukka brown suede in rain last VS C&J tetbury in brown suede. Anyone have any thoughts or experience wuth either of them?
I have a C&J buckle boot, I think known as a George boot, on the same last as the Tetbury (348).

it’s a great boot! It does have a bit of a chiseled toe which is not to everyone’s taste. Doesn’t bother me.

I can’t speak for Carmina as I don’t own any. In my opinion, and I’ve said it before, C&J represents the best value all around When we’re talking about “higher end” footwear.

If you want something with a softer, more classic look, check out Alden’s unlined chukka boot.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t think you can go wrong with C&J really, all of mine are very nicely made and finished.

No personal experience with Carmina but have heard very positive things regarding them.

I think either will be a solid boot really.

JUAN MANUEL

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen, I wonder if any of you have bought a pair of Astorflex in Forest Green, for the pictures shown on line they don't look very green (which I prefer). I will appreciate your comments and pictures if possible. Regards

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.