• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Desert Boot and Chukka appreciation/review thread

Mercurio

Reaction score
my two cents for those who may be interested in Cheaney's Garforth, while the toe box is generous, the vamp is anything but. I don't have a high instep but it does not feel easy to insert my foot and you may see from the photo that the laces are wide apart. Somehow I feel that I was lucky to have sized up half a size. An interesting last.
Maybe that is the reason that last fits so well on my feet as I have a low instep and volume feet. Actually, I sized down from what is supposed to be my “right” size, which I don't know anymore...

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my two cents for those who may be interested in Cheaney's Garforth, while the toe box is generous, the vamp is anything but. I don't have a high instep but it does not feel easy to insert my foot and you may see from the photo that the laces are wide apart. Somehow I feel that I was lucky to have sized up half a size. An interesting last.
I use last 12508 mostly as bad weather / winter beaters. Roomy on the inside for me so can wear medium thick wool socks in them. The shaft and vamp work great for me, very comfortable.

20210114_163232.jpg
20201223_151252.jpg

Mercurio

Reaction score

Even though after downsizing with the 12508 last, I can have a quite tight and close parallel lacing with their vertical measurement.

Johnniegold

Reaction score
baby steps. Baby steps.
These boots are so comfortable that it will make those baby steps much easier to take.

I think Jaguar built some more in recent years to original spec. Should make acquiring one easier for you.

Your halfway there really if you have the boots😆
I couldn’t even afford a scale model. 🙄 😀

Johnniegold

Reaction score
You may well have covered this but did you need to buy a half size larger than usual?
The short answer is “yes”.

I did order a 9.5GB/10.5 US which is just a tad roomy but I don’t think I could’ve gotten away with ordering another half-size down.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy