• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the denim debate

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
It seems silly to leave out Dior, PRPS, Naked&Famous, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by whodini
I know for a fact that a few (if not most) were given their jeans for free
That might have something to do with it, not to mention the given plethora of types of denim available in today's market. When would it be "enough?" Hell, how many different kinds of denim does N&F have alone?

grooveholmes

Reaction score
Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if this project expands to other brands in the future if it's a success (I'm guessing "success" will be measured by feedback). ****, I don't think I need to see how PRPS fade-- plenty of folks have posted their pics of their fits and fades on Styleforum, SF, and other forums (e.g., poly800rock).

constantine.

Reaction score
The Baldwin drop-yolk fit isn't that bad. I don't think male ass needs to be super defined.

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
itll look way better with a wallet in there too.

i think its cool that they used brands that aren't really represented on SuFu, SF etc. how many beautifully faded pairs of Sams, Iron Hearts, etc have we seen? ive never even HEARD of some of those companies, let alone seen pairs worn for a year.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think most have at least a sufu presence (with the exception of perhaps Raleigh and Tellason, which is a new company). Too bad no one picked up Sunrise, I really want to see pictures of those in the wild

Also, why is there going to be a pair of 511s? Do they even come in raw?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constantine.
The Baldwin drop-yolk fit isn't that bad. I don't think male ass needs to be super defined.

OT: I love Washed Out! Can't wait for their full length album... I've been listening to them non-stop. The blog of graphic designer/Tycho musician of Scott Hansen turned me on to them (http://blog.iso50.com/). Scott has some awesome stuff.

And yes, agreed a male's ass doesn't need to be defined. Actually I've heard from a few lady friends that seeing a drop yoke on a man's ass can look good.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stopmakingsense
Actually I've heard from a few lady friends that seeing a drop yoke on a man's ass can look good.

I call bullshit. What girls not only know what a drop yoke is but talk about it with other guys?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I call bullshit. What girls not only know what a drop yoke is but talk about it with other guys?

I'm not for sure exactly how to respond to this. Girls that are into fashion? I have a lot of friends that work in and with fashion that know exactly what a drop yoke is. Granted not every gal off the street is going to know what a drop yoke is or even selvage raw denim is but whatever that's what I was told by a girl friend of mine.

Curious_George

Reaction score
It's kind of cool they're doing this with many different brands of jeans. But I have to admit I'm a little disappointed with the selections. SDA is a good choice, but why is it the lone showing from among the Osaka 5 (would love to have seen Warehouse in there too)? And no Sugar Cane, Samurai, Iron Heart or even LVC is kind of a bummer too. I don't know, it seems like kind of an odd/incomplete selection to me.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Curious_George
It's kind of cool they're doing this with many different brands of jeans. But I have to admit I'm a little disappointed with the selections. SDA is a good choice, but why is it the lone showing from among the Osaka 5 (would love to have seen Warehouse in there too)? And no Sugar Cane, Samurai, Iron Heart or even LVC is kind of a bummer too. I don't know, it seems like kind of an odd/incomplete selection to me.

Agreed... I would have love to of seen Warehouse. Another great pair of denim that takes it easy on the back pocket design.

grooveholmes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Curious_George
I don't know, it seems like kind of an odd/incomplete selection to me.

I suppose, but as someone posted earlier, where would the list end? I think we'll just have to wait and see how this thing evolves-- I'm sure more brands will get involved. For now, some of the blog postings have been really interesting. I just read CoE's write up on Epaulet's denim.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stopmakingsense
Granted not every gal off the street is going to know what a drop yoke is or even selvage raw denim is but whatever that's what I was told by a girl friend of mine.
Uh, yeah. Hi. That was my point.
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
premium
You. You're good.
Robert-DeNiro---Analyze-This-Photograph-C10046478.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads